The Frontline/ Dawkins nutter

Commentary on and links to religion or atheism in the media
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

The Frontline/ Dawkins nutter

Post by Beebub » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:34 am

Is this the same chap who was ranting and raving at Richard Dawkins at the book launch or am I mixing them up??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FmVopEs9yI
Gar

Re: The Frontline/ Dawkins nutter

Post by Gar » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:02 pm

I think it is, I think he had a little beard at the Dawkins thing..
washington
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by washington » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:36 pm

You are spot on Beeb...I missed the program but saw it this morning and copped on that this was the same guy who was ejected from the Dawkins gig...mind you he was making slightly more sense last night!...btw there is a video of him on politics.ie slagging David Begg on some march in O'Connell Street recently...Alan O'Brien is his name..seems to get around...any relation to the 'bould Sally' and the way she might look at ya?
anadub25

Post by anadub25 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:56 pm

Deary me!
Well he has a point in fairness, Kenny is a big bloody hypocrite. Its a pity he doesnt speak in a way that ensures his outrage will be taken seriously.
"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis."

- Sigmund Freud -
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:07 pm

His parting shot was quite funny in fairness to him...

'I'm off now to sue an old lady for a field'

However, he's cleary quite mad.

Edit: Maybe he's the politicised, slightly madder cousin of Brendan Kilkenny.
FXR

Post by FXR » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:23 pm

I'm sure it is the same guy. He left but what remained behind were the smirking sanctimonious overpaid Mary and the overpaid Pat safe in the knowledge they can screw the sheep and only have to worry about the odd Irish individual driven demented by the cynical hypocrisy that runs this country.

We need more people who are a little bit like the guy who left and a lot less inclined toward civil questioning that makes quiet cap in hand requests for fair treatment from this completely Chruch Gombeen Man corrupted system with it's layers of well got cliques.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:38 pm

anadub25 wrote:Deary me!
Well he has a point in fairness, Kenny is a big bloody hypocrite. Its a pity he doesnt speak in a way that ensures his outrage will be taken seriously.
Well prime time personalities pull in prime time advertising so if the cost of the ad revenue justifies his salary - he's welcome to it - However I’ve no details as to whether it does or doesn’t.
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
FXR

Post by FXR » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:50 pm

mkaobrih wrote:
anadub25 wrote:Deary me!
Well prime time personalities pull in prime time advertising so if the cost of the ad revenue justifies his salary - he's welcome to it - However I’ve no details as to whether it does or doesn’t.
I don't think it would be maybe it just a matter of opinion. They take in (I think) 400 million. Half is ad revenue and half is from the legally enforced TV licence. Hosts in other countries are paid according to the size of the audience they pull in. How much does Jeremy Paxman get paid and how do the audience numbers compare? We can't ever have an alternative to RTE if its rivals are left with ad revenue only especially when the competition (RTE) is subsidised by taxpayers (whether they like it or not). I don't pay for the TV licence and I never will. Look at that twat Trubridy using taxpayer’s money to make the country look backward when he interviewed Richard Dawkins.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:24 pm

Hosts in other countries are paid according to the size of the audience they pull in.
do news anchors get paid according to their audience size? :P
Last edited by lostexpectation on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
test
FXR

Post by FXR » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:56 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
Hosts in other countries are paid according to the size of the audience they pull in.
do news anchors? :P
You don't by any chance work at desiging puzzles? :)