Michael Voris finds little faith in Ireland's Catholics

Commentary on and links to religion or atheism in the media
DaithiDublin

Michael Voris finds little faith in Ireland's Catholics

Post by DaithiDublin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:09 pm

This has put a spring in my step today. The Vortex, that uber conservative Catholic outlet has just visited our shores. Now, while Michael Voris claims that the Vortex is the place where 'Lies and falsehoods are trapped and exposed' at the start of each show, they normally tend to massage the facts to put a glossy Catholic spin on things.

But try as they did on College Green this week, they found very little evidence of Catholic devotion. And where does the blame lie? Well, with those pesky Vatican II advocates, of course. A-nd the gay agenda... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaGj1rJdPKo

What I found interesting is the large number of young people who went to mass because their parents made them. I imagine that they also allowed their parents to declare them as Catholics on the census forms this year.
As yet I have not found a single case of a terrestrial animal which fertilises itself.

- Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species
(he obviously never went to Bray)
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Michael Voris finds little faith in Ireland's Catholics

Post by Feardorcha » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:34 pm

That's a tonic.
Mr Kequc

Post by Mr Kequc » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Cool I came here to post this. blah
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:38 pm

When I watched this video this morning, comments were allowed, although moderated.

Now comments are blocked and the following note added to the video description:
Note on why comments are blocked :

People can't keep from filling their comments with swear words, personal insults, and even physical threats. Even the people who began nicely and politely then degenerated into personal insults after I engaged with them.

No-one needs racism, physical threats, insults etc. etc. I don't want to read it, and is it really worth anyone's time to post?

People aren't talking about the topic of the video - this video isn't about contraception and the African AIDS crisis. But people want it to be, because they have some things to say about it.

When we've tried to engage people on what and why the Church does what she does commentators simply haven't believed us; we say the Church doesn't do this for money or control, and we oppose contraception because it is morally evil etc.

And people tell us that is not the reason, or say "Salvation, yeah, whatever, but really ...."

If people aren't going to accept our words about our reasons and motivations, there is no rational dialog possible.

In the end, we'll be called cowards and every other name under the sun - we've been called that before (and worse, in these comment boxes) so we don't mind.

God bless, and we will be praying for all of you. We apologize for any lack of charity we have displayed in our reponses to anyone and for any other personal wrongdoing we have done. We cannot apologize for any wrong doing done by other members of the Church (or for people who might not be Catholic but who claim to be Christian etc.) but we deeply regret it and we'd rather it wasn't done.
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.