H. Dip. for primary school teaching

Commentary on and links to religion or atheism in the media
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

H. Dip. for primary school teaching

Post by Tulip1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:43 pm

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/02/20/lit ... elievable/
So, as I’ve mentioned on here a couple of times, I’m nearly finished the H. Dip. for primary school teaching. We have our online religion exam on Wednesday and I was going through the demo exam to make sure it works. Some of the questions that will be on it are actually shocking!! I cannot believe that a college in Ireland in 2012 is allowed to preach such shìt.
The answer that I will have to choose to get the marks for the first attachment is “True”. And in the second attachment, asking which statement is false, I will have to choose the one about Hinduism. So apparently, the one about atheism is true.
…Effectively, I’m expected to spout this shìte out to a child if I ever teach in a Catholic school. Unbelievable.
Shocking
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: H. Dip. for primary school teaching

Post by Tulip1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm doing that religion exam that the OP is referring to.
Just found the part about atheism that the question referred to in my notes...it goes as follows "Atheism seems to be fashionable in Ireland at present. It is seen as rational, progressive and compassionate. But above all, it is "in", not to mention convenient. What bothers very few of its latter-day exponents is the fact that atheist humanism produced the worst horrors history has ever witnessed, namely Nazism, Fascism and Marxism, the latter alone responsible for some 100 million lives, according to The Black Book written by French ex-Marxists. Atheism is not a benign force in history".

So as you can see that wasn't some random question in the sample test, it's taken directly from the notes they give us...
On boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 324&page=5
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.