Pope Bendydick....this bastard is really pissing me off....

Commentary on and links to religion or atheism in the media
GT
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Pope Bendydick....this bastard is really pissing me off....

Post by GT » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:36 pm

As the father of an IVF child i take real exception to this nazi bastard

http://jrnl.ie/367408

Surely incitement to hatred...

And the problem is this nazi bastard will influence law makers over here, just witness the disgrace that is the recognition of surrogate kids.

Not to mention the spineless screwballs that box up shotgun shells and post them to Clane IVF clinic.

I hope the prick visits IRL so we get a chance to show the bastard what we think of him.
Regards,

GT

Faith is following someone else's lies.
Dr Raskolnikov
Location: "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Re: Pope Bendydick....this bastard is really pissing me off....

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:57 pm

What a twunky! :x

He really makes me cross sometimes. How can one man be so successful at saying just the right thing to cause the maximum possible harm? This sort of proclamation provides grist to the mill for the rosary bead brigade who like to poke their angry noses into anything to do with reproductive healthcare.

Lawmakers the world over take this sort of intolerant drivel into account on the insistence of their religious lobbyists. And Ireland doesn't exactly have a great track record of ignoring el popio.
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Bik » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:33 am

We can expect articles in the IT and Indo from his cheerleaders Waters, Quinn and O'Brien supporting the RCC line on this any day now (unless I've missed them already).
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
HarryO'Criosna

Post by HarryO'Criosna » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 pm

What a geebag. It beggars belief.

Not a very constructive post I know but I think it needed saying.
paolovf
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by paolovf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 pm

While I do think this is a disgraceful stance for anyone to take, let alone a man in such power, I can't say I'm surprised.

It's ridiculous that people continue to follow him blindly and that more people/organisations aren't speaking out against him.
Dr Raskolnikov
Location: "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:48 pm

paolovf wrote:While I do think this is a disgraceful stance for anyone to take, let alone a man in such power, I can't say I'm surprised.

It's ridiculous that people continue to follow him blindly and that more people/organisations aren't speaking out against him.
Q: Is the Pope a Catholic?

A: Short answer, yes with an if, long answer no - with a but...

I've heard the argument that this is not a surprising stance for the Pope to take, what with the whole head-of-the-church thing, but I challenge anyone to find scriptural precedent for a ban on in-vitro fertilisation. Also, I'm not convinced by the Pope's bizarre non-sequitur: his contention that IVF implies that the child being conceived is not being done so in an environment of love.
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
aiseiri47
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aiseiri47 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Dr Raskolnikov wrote: Also, I'm not convinced by the Pope's bizarre non-sequitur: his contention that IVF implies that the child being conceived is not being done so in an environment of love.
Not convincing because its nonsense, of course! IVF shows that someone truly and genuinely wants a child; they're going out of their way (and spending out of their pocket) to conceive. Or is the Catholic Church now saying you can't have love without sex?

IVF is really just a modern (and non-fictional) version of Mary's conception of Jesus. That's probably why he's got his papal boxer-briefs in a knot. Doesn't like humans having the same powers as his god.
paolovf
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by paolovf » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:10 pm

aiseiri47 wrote:Not convincing because its nonsense, of course! IVF shows that someone truly and genuinely wants a child; they're going out of their way (and spending out of their pocket) to conceive.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Similarly with adoption, the process takes alot of time and effort that there should be no doubt by the end it that the potential parents are very serious about raising a child.
ptferg
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ptferg » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:33 pm

So the Pope says the only way to conceive a child is through sex by a married couple. How was Jesus conceived? It was wasn't through sex nor were they married. (so they would have you believe)
http://www.humanisticus.com/ My musings about religion, Atheism, secularism, Humanism etc.