American Atheists breaking out the pitchforks again!

Commentary on and links to religion or atheism in the media
imokyrok

American Atheists breaking out the pitchforks again!

Post by imokyrok » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:34 am

I noticed that this forum didn't feel the need to endlessly dissect the nonsense fallout from Elevator Guy. I guess we were happy to leave the hysterical pearl clutching to our American cousins and chalk it up to cultural differences. But that boulder is still rolling down the mountain and taking every one who dissents from the "free" thought blog cult with it. Richard Dawkins was the first to experience the full wrath of the ftb bully brigade. Abbie in ERV was next. Then one of my own personal favourites DJ Groethe was roasted on the spit. Now they moved on to Thunderf00t who only recently joined that daft cohort of PZ sycophants and today they are after some other poor unknown UK blogger. http://coffeelovingskeptic.com/?p=1542

They are making a laughing stock of both the atheist ,the sceptic and the feminist movements by doing everything in their power to live up to the most negative stereotypes our detractors like to tar us with. It's all such a farce and certainly would discourage me from attending conferences frequented by the ftb brigade. This is one "girl who just likes to have fun".
bipedalhumanoid

Re: American Atheists breaking out the pitchforks again!

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:42 am

I'm beginning to think that these conferences are no longer safe for men. You don't know what you're going to be accused of by hysterical feminists of the RW variety.

I was at the conference in Dublin when Watson childishly and unprofessionally used her talk, which was supposed to be about the Republican party's war on women, to attack Paula Kirby.

In her attack, the best examples of misogyny in the atheist community she was able to come up with were a bunch of anonymous online comments and nasty emails. She now claims to have been groped and suffered various other forms of sexual harassment at skeptic and atheist conferences.

Isn't it a tad odd that these more serious accusations weren't aired during her rather weak talk at the conference?
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:23 pm

والقس هو مجنون
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:41 pm

I'll say one thing, I've lost an awful lot of respect for PZ Myers over the past 12 months.

He's like one of those ponzi scheme traders who's in too deep to get out and has to keep expanding the operation. When it comes to Elevatorgate we've had nothing but one strawman after the other.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/thunderf00t ... -strawmen/

I can think of a line from the simpsons that sums up the hyseria pretty well...

"I don't know Homer Simpson, I -- I never met Homer Simpson or had any contact with him, but -- [cries uncontrollably] -- I'm sorry, I can't go on." The interviewer responds, " That's OK: your tears say more than real evidence ever could."
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Paula Kirby has just broken her silence with this statement...

Sisterhood of the Oppresed...
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B02RDDb ... edit?pli=1