Ostentatious religious dress

Discuss church-state separation issues that are relevant in Ireland.
pantsheadmagee
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 10:01 am

Re: Ostentatious religious dress

Post by pantsheadmagee » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:12 pm

saintsebastian wrote:
It is easy to count the number of people one has slept with by taking note of the language of promiscuity which not only affects ostentatious dress also ostentatious speech. Both are strong indicators although I must admit I have not been able to obtain a precise number without asking the subject to reveal that information assuming the person has no shame of course.

guh?

As a bona-fide social scientist I can tell you with authority that you are talking out of your ass.


Also, why are you placing value judgements on the number of people an individual chooses to sleep with? Isn't it absolutely none of your business?
FXR
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:44 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Ostentatious religious dress

Post by FXR » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:24 pm

saintsebastian wrote:
Everything is exactly as I explained to you. The spirit of lust arouses one to fornication in a promiscuous manner unfit for human consumption. Begone you spirit of lust in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.
This from a whack job who claimed on Irish Catholic that his wife was an exporn star! Of course that was before they banned the loony fucker.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
saintsebastian
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Ostentatious religious dress

Post by saintsebastian » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:24 am

pantsheadmagee wrote:
saintsebastian wrote:]
The human body became shameful after the fall of Adam and Eve and since then has covered the human body with clothing to hide the shameful body.

...
...

Those who are immodest present an image of promiscuity and those who are modest present and image of virtuous intentions. In this way the thoughts, emotions and intentions of all are revealed in how they either cover or uncover their shame.

Firstly: I don't wear clothes because of being ashamed of my body. I wear clothes for three reasons. The first reason is that I live in Ireland, where it is generally cold, and therefore I wear clothes to keep warm. The second reason is that, even when it is a nice sunny day, it is generally expected that I'll cover up certain bits of myself, and if I wander around naked I'll probably get arrested. Thirdly, I'm well aware that in this society, if I was to wander about not wearing anything I'd get quite a lot of unpleasant attention, and I really have better things to do than deal with that. All entirely practical reasons, nothing to do with shame, because I don't see anything shameful about having a body.

Of course, according to you this means I'm "presenting an image of promiscuity", yes? Since, despite however many clothes I may or may not be wearing, I have not an ounce of shame that I am, in fact, a human being. This, however, has no impact on so called "promiscuity"- and of course, I fail to see why promiscuity is in and of itself any way a bad thing? Even if you could tell how many people a person enjoyed sleeping with by what clothes they wore walking down the street?
Somehow there was created a completely backward understanding of promiscuity, so I will explain it again. It is not in wearing too much clothes. It is in deliberately wearing not enough clothes to cover the sexual parts of your body that demonstrates the attitude of promiscuity. Sexually revealing clothes or even nudity in public not only grabs attention of sexual hound dogs, it also captures the attention of the police who can and will write citation for indecent exposure.

Obviously you have not been to a strip club or a street corner where prostitutes ply their trade. Any talkative prostitute will tell you that the more skin you reveal, the more cash you can collect from the johns.

The Government of Ireland's website developed a report of the incidence of prostitution and drugs which reveals more than skin about the subject. The report is about 30 pages of unadulterated adultery.
saintsebastian
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Ostentatious religious dress

Post by saintsebastian » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:36 am

Neil wrote:Begone you ignorant fucker in the name of human progress.

Are you actually as thick as pig shit or just an evil, evil bastard?

Tell me, oh fountain of wisdom and enlightenment, what exactly is immoral about sex out of wedlock, hetero or otherwise? In what way is it even a moral issue?
The immorality of sex out of wedlock is defined in the dictionary as fornication and intrinsically unfaithful. The bond of fidelity is insecure without vow of marriage binding. So the harm is done to the union of the couple and the resultant fornication with multiple partners leads to the psychological illness of promiscuity from multiple bondings and multiple fluid interspersion similar to what happens in an orgy. Multiple fluid interspersion increases the likelihood of disease such as HIV. The immorality is compounded with multiple partners. The bond of fidelity is broken in immorality much like what happens when you sign a contract then breach it. Your word is only as good as your bond and if the bond is broken so is your word. Incredibility is the result and that incredibility leads to mistrust and finally to deprivation as the act becomes increasingly less satisfying due to lack of trust and fidelity. Like a bank that charges usury fees in the form of high interest, the human person is reduced in dignity and value to a mere sperm bank subject to withdrawal and the depositor is attracted to speculate on banks with higher interest rates. The human person is no longer human but viewed as an object of use and abuse with the constant fear of withdrawal of affection and trust. That is why so many women liken the act to being "used". Without the promise and the enactment of marriage there is no evidence of fidelity or trust, so the final effect of "using" someone is what makes sex out of wedlock immoral. Morality implies that we value other persons and care for their dignity and so act out of virtue to maintain integrity and trust in the persons we encounter especially the one with which the intimate act of sexual intercourse is engaged to be married so that fruit is produced which is satisfying and secure.

Without a vow of marriage imminent anyone would lose hope in the promise of tomorrow, that is why the Shirelles wrote and recorded that popular song, "Will you still love me tomorrow"?

The Shirelles - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow Lyrics

Download RingtoneSend “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” Ringtone to Your CellDownload Ringtone

Tonight you're mine completely
You give you love so sweetly
Tonight the light of love is in your eyes
But will you love me tomorrow?

Is this a lasting treasure
Or just a moment's pleasure?
Can I believe the magic of your sighs?
Will you still love me tomorrow?

Tonight with words unspoken
You say that I'm the only one
But will my heart be broken
When the night meets the morning sun?

I'd like to know that your love
Is love I can be sure of
So tell me now, and I won't ask again
Will you still love me tomorrow?

(INSTRUMENTAL)

So tell me now, and I won't ask again
Will you still love me tomorrow?
Will you still love me tomorrow?
Will you still love me tomorrow?


Download RingtoneSend “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” Ringtone to Your CellDownload Ringtone
FXR
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:44 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Ostentatious religious dress

Post by FXR » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:47 am

You can see why he was banned by the Catholics over at IC three times before he got the message. Even people in his own religious cult think he's mad.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
saintsebastian
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Ostentatious religious dress

Post by saintsebastian » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:07 am

FXR wrote:You can see why he was banned by the Catholics over at IC three times before he got the message. Even people in his own religious cult think he's mad.
the only reason I was banned at Irish Catholic forum was because of only one deeply disturbed narcissistic personality using the name of Hibernicus from Ireland who could not withstand honest discussion based on faith disciplines so the owner Michael G had no choice as the website was developed for marginal Irish Catholic and I am American and the focus of the forum is explicitly for the marginalized. I am not one of those. My faith in doctrine is much more firmly rooted and that is what disturbed Hibernicus of disintegrated stature. I agreed with Michael G. to leave the site. Michael suggested that I wait awhile and return using a different login, which is what I did. Michael G in fact invited me to that forum over 3 years ago when we were both posting on an American Catholic website. He sent me a private email and I was his very first member and remained so for over 2 1/2 years until Hibernicus was unnerved by my straightforwardness. I have no regret leaving that forum. I am fully aware that I have unnerved several devout atheist's as well with honesty that is beyond the comprehension of many atheist with disintegrated personalities.

I have tracked the postings of Hibernicus and found that even though I left there about 4 months ago, Hibernicus still refers to me due to his extreme sense of guilt at my departure and is currently using the forum to discredit and accuse other members who challenge his narcissistic and supremest opinions. He has been attacking Noel Fitz as his prime target although he will attack anyone who challenges his limited comprehension of discipline.

Michael G already stated to me that he can find no credible reason to intervene as his forum is not for Catholic of firmly rooted faith, rather it was developed to support those that are on the verge of falling away from Catholic teaching and the church in general so the postings are for the most part inadequate and disintegrated understandings of what is Catholic.

I am a member of long standing in about 10 other Catholic forums which hold firm convictions and mix well with persons of distinguished and distinct intellect and richly productive faith reasoning. I came here because there is a need for atheist comprehension to be stimulated, unfortunately that stimulation sometimes unnerves disintegrated personalities.
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Cork
Contact:

Re: Ostentatious religious dress

Post by adamd164 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:36 am

Shag off.
saintsebastian
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Ostentatious religious dress

Post by saintsebastian » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:59 am

adamd164 wrote:Shag off.
Persons of impeccable taste have stopped using shag rugs since 1972. Please come up to speed.
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:23 am

Re: Ostentatious religious dress

Post by ctr » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:08 pm

This is the funnest thread I have read on a forum for such a long time (since a guy over on the IFAS boards claimed there was life in the clounds of venus and they had spaceships and all) please we need this guy as he does more for our cause than the pope. :lol:
Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver
saintsebastian
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Ostentatious religious dress

Post by saintsebastian » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:55 pm

ctr wrote:This is the funnest thread I have read on a forum for such a long time (since a guy over on the IFAS boards claimed there was life in the clounds of venus and they had spaceships and all) please we need this guy as he does more for our cause than the pope. :lol:
Thank you for your vote of confidence, I promise to do my best to embarrass myself with entertainingly odd points of reference that can be used against the Pope and against my own personal integrity. I also pledge to do my best to provide absurd conceptual arguments to make myself a laughing stock for all atheists of good will to see.
Post Reply