Lourdes

Discuss church-state separation issues that are relevant in Ireland.
egbrennan

Lourdes

Post by egbrennan » Fri May 23, 2008 9:10 pm

I see the president is on a pilgrimage to Lourdes with the guts of the Irish Army. Good Jesus, can it get any worse?

Someone stick a needle in me and tell me that the president of this so-called republic (where's Voltaire when we need him) is not going, head-bowed, to the reputed location of a peasant girl's nineteenth-century hallucination where she will indulge in commemorating mass hysteria with 500 of ireland's tattoo-sporting, moustache-wearing, gun-toting, bank-money-protecting tough men.

(Hope I got all that hyphenation right).
egbrennan

Post by egbrennan » Fri May 23, 2008 9:26 pm

Sorry, I just remembered, the constitution guarantees God his right to be worshipped and I suppose the president IS the custodian of the constitution....
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Fri May 23, 2008 10:26 pm

egbrennan wrote:Sorry, I just remembered, the constitution guarantees God his right to be worshipped and I suppose the president IS the custodian of the constitution....
I'm not usually a praying man. But ifi you're up there... SAVE US POWDERED TOAST MAN!
FXR

Post by FXR » Sat May 24, 2008 12:29 pm

The deluded cow also attented the "saint" making ceremony in Rome for some bugger from mount argus along with the head of the Garda and a few other of our dull luminaries.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
egbrennan

Post by egbrennan » Sat May 24, 2008 6:47 pm

It was all over the news just now. I had to take a pill.
DollarLama
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by DollarLama » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:59 am

FXR wrote:dull luminaries.
Love the oxymoron! :-)
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:58 am

The mere mention of Lourdes makes me feel sick, which seems kind of ironic really. Makes you wonder how many people go to Lourdes feeling okay, then come away with the flu, or e-coli, or boils or something. Undoubtedly more than get 'healed' anyway.

I
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
FXR

Post by FXR » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:46 am

inedifix wrote:The mere mention of Lourdes makes me feel sick, which seems kind of ironic really. Makes you wonder how many people go to Lourdes feeling okay, then come away with the flu, or e-coli, or boils or something. Undoubtedly more than get 'healed' anyway.

I
Bloody Hell! Why didn't someone think of this before! Imagine taking an extensive survey of everyone who went not just the sick and found out more people came back with health problems then arrived with them!
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Alexis

Post by Alexis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:38 am

FXR wrote:
inedifix wrote:The mere mention of Lourdes makes me feel sick, which seems kind of ironic really. Makes you wonder how many people go to Lourdes feeling okay, then come away with the flu, or e-coli, or boils or something. Undoubtedly more than get 'healed' anyway.

I
Bloody Hell! Why didn't someone think of this before! Imagine taking an extensive survey of everyone who went not just the sick and found out more people came back with health problems then arrived with them!
I went to Lourdes once and came back with a ton of candy sticks etc.,, and sold them for a MASSIVE profit back home in Ireland. :lol: I can be very 'Holy' that way at times :wink:
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:49 am

egbrennan said
I see the president is on a pilgrimage to Lourdes with the guts of the Irish Army. Good Jesus, can it get any worse?
I see it's also reported that she goes on retreat with the poor Clares' nuns in Ennis for a few days every year, the woman won't be happy until we're all back like Dev wanted us- 'dancing at the Crossroads'