Atheist group from US sued George Bush

Discuss church-state separation issues that are relevant in Ireland.
Wened

Atheist group from US sued George Bush

Post by Wened » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Anyone heard about "National prayer day"?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Worl ... 560267.cms
"They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to middle Earth." - George RR Martin
tony

Post by tony » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:52 pm

The sooner that redneck Bush is gone the better.
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:20 am

tony wrote:The sooner that redneck Bush is gone the better.
Ultimately giant corporations run the US no matter who wins. In all the debates not one of them mentions the damage US foreign policy does to the rest of the human race. In the last debate between McCain and Obama all they talked about was how many American lives were lost in Iraq. The brown people apparently don't count. Neither of them dared adress the rise of the Christian Taliban nor Israel's crimes into account. They might change the bandleader but they won't change the tunes.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Alexis

Post by Alexis » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:33 am

FXR wrote: Ultimately giant corporations run the US no matter who wins.
Not much different to Ireland really :x
NewBornAtheist

Post by NewBornAtheist » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:47 am

Well I'm some way hoping that with Obama's cool methodical approach to problem solving that he is himself a closet Atheist. After all, how can you have the intelligence (to try) to resolve a global economic crisis and yet believe bible stories and other related hocus pocus!

I sincerely doubt that any of Obama's presidential actions will be the in "god's" name, unlike his moronic predecessor.