Catholic Church and Death

Discuss church-state separation issues that are relevant in Ireland.
FreeThinker2010
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Catholic Church and Death

Post by FreeThinker2010 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Recently my aunt died in hospital so she died and they brought her back,she said she was in pain,she suffered,then she died again and yes they brought her back again because they just couldnt get enough of her suffering,this time she says leave me die im in great pain,then she dies again and yes,you guessed it,they brought her back again but this time when she died her body couldnt take it anymore and they couldnt bring her back.I am 100% convinced that the catholic church basks in the suffering of others...I went to the rosery and then a mass because my whole family are institutionalised and indoctrinated from day one as are most in ireland by the catholic church.So there i am in the mass(a critic of religion)the priest says all rise and wouldnt you know i rise as well,right there and then i fully understood the word institutionalization,you are programed to obey they commands of the priest,like a puppet.I understand that i stood up not because i respected the religion but because in ireland when your growing up there is a church next to most schools and you are sent through it as if you were a robot to be programed in a factory so when the priest said all rise a subconscious feeling of nostalgia hit m