Louise O'Keeffe - Dunderrow NS

Discuss church-state separation issues that are relevant in Ireland.
tony

Louise O'Keeffe - Dunderrow NS

Post by tony » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:50 pm

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 75011.html

The state will not accept responsibility.

The church will not accept responsibility.

Hannifin says the responsibility lies with the boards of management. Who are voluntary. The boards of management report to the Patron i.e the Bishop.

Who is responsible for our children????

How does Hannifin get away with doing nothing???
She will brazen it out until people forget. Hard nosed b***h.

Please Europe stand in and do something. Cause the Irish government certainly will not.

Muppets.
FXR

Post by FXR » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:28 am

When I read thing like this I think what a sick bunch of f***&?s run this country. The CCL gets caught for raping and torturing children over decades and the government gives us the bill. A woman tries to get justice and she gets bankruptcy.

What a sick little island....
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:54 pm

this boards of management thing is wierd,
FXR

Post by FXR » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:02 pm

lostexpectation wrote:this boards of management thing is wierd,
It's a very deliberate strategy. It means the buck stops nowhere.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
tony

Post by tony » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:53 am

So effectively nobody is accountable for our childrens welfare if a teacher decides to rape them. Only the teacher themselves. Not the people who put the teacher there and pay them.

If a member of the Guards or Army is abused or bullied by another member of the same system the Minister for Justice or Defence will be taken to the High Court.

Why not the Minister for Education??

This really is a huge issue that has totally gone under the radar. Why is there no significant display of outrage about this?Does nobody give a shit? Its our children we are trying to protect.
CitizenPaine
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by CitizenPaine » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:10 am

These so-called boards of management are an integral part of the patronage system for the management of Irish primary schools. This is yet another reason why it should be abolished.

CitizenPaine
The moving finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

From the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (FitzGerald version)
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ctr » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:48 pm

Hmm...

I have the opportunity of joining my daughters RC School BoM.

I wonder should I and maybe sow some seeds of dissent on matters of "indoctrination"

:twisted:
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:59 pm

ctr wrote:Hmm...

I have the opportunity of joining my daughters RC School BoM.

I wonder should I and maybe sow some seeds of dissent on matters of "indoctrination"

:twisted:
Oh do! Someone needs to be there talking common sense. Hit them with the "should children be taught how to think or what to think" torpedo.
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ctr » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:02 pm

If I did I would need to bury my hostility towards religion or my input would be ignored
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:04 pm

ctr wrote:If I did I would need to bury my hostility towards religion or my input would be ignored
It would be excellent to have someone here on a school board even just to know how the thing works. I can even give you a code name if you like. You can wear a mack and drop coded messages into the duck pond on stephens green. Catherder in his snorkel outfit will retrive them at night.

Over and out!