GPO crib on shaky ground (in more ways than one!)

Discuss church-state separation issues that are relevant in Ireland.
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:24 pm

bipedalhumanoid wrote:I think we should change our tactics this year. Rather than campaign to have the nativity scene removed from the GPO lets insist on a proper Irish nativity scene...
I got a reply from Minister Ryan telling me he's passed it on to the individual concerned in the GPO. I emailed him back last week to let him know I still had not had a reply. Tonight I passed the GPO and they were installing the crib.

The thing is when it is up it's worth having a look at. The VM looks like Michael Jackson, one of the wise men looks like Mel Brooks and the other looks like Ossama Bin Laden. People for some weird reason throw coins at the baby. Last year I managed to put two pennies over it's eyes and they were there for a day before anyone noticed. Of couse they don't seem to notice the baba that's supposed to be born on the 25th is in place from he end of November either.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:36 am

I don't know when I last laughed harder or longer. :lol:

You are all officially Very Bad Men. :wink: