Darwing Day athiest.ie First Annual Dinner

Postby mkaobrih » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:43 am

Well I had a delicious meal with FXR, CitizanPaine and BigBadSean. Conversation was stimulating and it was very nice to put faces to names. I had the oysters - thanks Gar – They were great. If this becomes an annual event - I hope that more people will attend. Nobody seemed psychopathic. I had a really good time.
mkaobrih

Postby sharon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm glad you had a good time.
Perhaps the next get together could take place in Belfast. :lol:
sharon

Postby FXR » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:53 pm

sharon wrote:I'm glad you had a good time.
Perhaps the next get together could take place in Belfast. :lol:

Thats a good idea. If something comes up worth celebrating start a thread.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
FXR

Postby CitizenPaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:01 pm

It was a lovely evening. A mkaobrih said - stimulating, grown up conversation and it was great to put faces to names (I had, of course, met FXR before). Also, the food and the service were very good, as befits a restaurant with a name like Darwins.

Well done all and especially to FXR for arranging it.

CitizenPaine
The moving finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

From the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (FitzGerald version)
CitizenPaine
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Postby Gar » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:28 pm

glad to head everyone enjoyed it, I was unfortuantely far too much of a peniless student to make it this time.. :(
I'm going to try and go to the next HAI meeting to try and put faces to names
Gar

Postby FXR » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Gar wrote:glad to head everyone enjoyed it, I was unfortuantely far too much of a peniless student to make it this time.. :(
I'm going to try and go to the next HAI meeting to try and put faces to names

The next one will be the 2nd of March. I won't be able to make it but they're worth going to. I think we should arrange some Sunday afternoon to all meet up for a drink. We could have a vote and when the number of people intending to turn up passes a certain number the meeting is held to be arranged. We could start with a Sunday walk to survey religious activity on our streets and retire to the pub for a discussion.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
FXR

Postby Gar » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:59 pm

I second the motion !
I'm available most Sundays and I live in the city centre so anywhere in town is good for me..
Gar

Postby mkaobrih » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:44 am

Sunday’s are no problem for me as well. So count me in.
mkaobrih

Postby CitizenPaine » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Gar wrote:I'm going to try and go to the next HAI meeting to try and put faces to names

I'll try to make that one too. It would be nice to meet an integer - sorry - a real mathematician.

CitizenPaine
The moving finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

From the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (FitzGerald version)
CitizenPaine
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Postby FXR » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:26 pm

CitizenPaine wrote:
Gar wrote:I'm going to try and go to the next HAI meeting to try and put faces to names

I'll try to make that one too. It would be nice to meet an integer - sorry - a real mathematician.

CitizenPaine

Well the only Sunday I have is the one coming the 2nd of March after that I will be away. If someone proposes it I will second it but I'm kinda busy at the moment on politics.ie.

So if yall can suggest a pub a time a format or whatever I'll be there.

Upsetting people is a full time job..... :lol:
http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t= ... sc&start=0
FXR

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements & Meetings