Cork meet up

ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Cork meet up

Post by ctr » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:08 pm

Watch out for the Mad Axe Man...isn't there always a mad axe man at internet meet ups! :lol:
Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Dhera, we'll know it's only you :mrgreen:
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
Pam

Post by Pam » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

umm,don't know if I'm being mocked or not..either way *shrugs*

Can't go anyway.

enjoy.

bye.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
robdonn
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by robdonn » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Don't worry Pam, they're not mocking you.
I'm fucking Matt Damon!!
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Pam, I'm sorry you thought anyone was mocking you in any way. Certainly wasn't my intention to come across like that at all, and I didn't even realise. It's just the fact that we're so used to laughing at ourselves - unlike those bloody Christians! :P - that we sometimes aren't perhaps sensitive enough with new people on the site.

It's unfortunate you couldn't make the meeting and I hope you'll consider coming along to future ones, as they provide a great platform for atheists to meet likeminded folk and have a general chit-chat.
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ctr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:12 am

Sorry Pamit was only a joke and not aimed at anyone :wink:
Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver
Pam

Post by Pam » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:49 am

adamd164 wrote:Pam, I'm sorry you thought anyone was mocking you in any way. Certainly wasn't my intention to come across like that at all, and I didn't even realise. It's just the fact that we're so used to laughing at ourselves - unlike those bloody Christians! :P - that we sometimes aren't perhaps sensitive enough with new people on the site.

It's unfortunate you couldn't make the meeting and I hope you'll consider coming along to future ones, as they provide a great platform for atheists to meet likeminded folk and have a general chit-chat.
duly noted.

"unlike those bloody christians"...see this is where i said "back the fuckin' bus up",yep i can see your well on to finding a common with such people :roll: ,do they fit nicely into that box you've stuffed them into...all over 2 billion of them! my father doesn't ,my mother doesn't,my sister doesn't...shit i may not agree with a word that comes out of their mouths at times on the matter,but as Voltaire said " I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. "

From what I've seen many atheists can be just as condescending as many christians,well, I wish to be part of neither.What in fuck does it benefit.

CTR: Pamit???...okayyyyy...
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:08 am

Jeez, calm down! I have family who are Christians too, I said it in jest. You need to be a bit less uptight about how you're reading some of the stuff on here Pam.
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ctr » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:00 pm

Pam wrote:CTR: Pamit???...okayyyyy...
Pamit... = Pam it...

Put it down to a malfunctioning keyboard :shock:
Jennie

Post by Jennie » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:00 am

Pam wrote:duly noted.

"unlike those bloody christians"...see this is where i said "back the fuckin' bus up",yep i can see your well on to finding a common with such people :roll: ,do they fit nicely into that box you've stuffed them into...all over 2 billion of them! my father doesn't ,my mother doesn't,my sister doesn't...shit i may not agree with a word that comes out of their mouths at times on the matter,but as Voltaire said " I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. "

From what I've seen many atheists can be just as condescending as many christians,well, I wish to be part of neither.What in fuck does it benefit.

CTR: Pamit???...okayyyyy...
Wooooah... hostile much Pam? :shock: In my personal experience, the people on this forum are some of the nicest, intelligent and genuine that you're going to meet online. Meeting up with some of them has only further cemented that. I don't intend on being patronising and this is only friendly advice - Being overly-aggressive to them on the basis of what was clearly meant in jest probably isn't the wisest thing to do. Especially whilst they were just after apologising to you that their teasing may have been misconstrued as mocking. Adam even took the time to explain to you that a lot of what goes on is light-hearted banter and should be treated as such.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that an Irish forum will consist of a majority of people who have friends and family who are Christians (probably Catholic) and are not going to intentionally, meaningfully and provocatively insult them. No-one that I've met here so far has any interest in doing that.
Where words fail - music speaks