Members Area - Joining Atheist Ireland

Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Members Area - Joinning Atheist Ireland

Post by Feardorcha » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Now that I'm a member, I just wanted to see the member logo beside my post.
Irish Shaman

Post by Irish Shaman » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:41 am

Y'know I have a shitload of footage up and still no logo... does that seem wierd to anyone else?
Not to mention quite a few people have actually mentioned that they "thought" I was an official paying member. Had to let them know otherwise!

:lol:

Anyway, next meeting near Dublin/Newry etc, I'll happily bring along the 25€ if I can register as an official member there. Also I'm totally available for any internet duties that may need to be undertaken, since... well the internets is my second home away from...

Well it's my second home INSIDE my origional home... if you get what I mean...

*ahem*
*COUGH* SHAMELESSPLUG *COUGH*
http://www.youtube.com/1rishShaman

Atheism, Atheist Ireland, Gaming, The Atheist Experience... what more could you want?
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:28 pm

I paid through paypall and I got a link I should follow: http://www.atheist.ie/atheistireland/me ... les/Tulip1

When I do that I have type in a username and password if I do mine it says it's not the right one. What is happening here? What should I fill in?
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
CatHerder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by CatHerder » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:58 pm

tulip1 wrote:I paid through paypall and I got a link I should follow: http://www.atheist.ie/atheistireland/me ... les/Tulip1

When I do that I have type in a username and password if I do mine it says it's not the right one. What is happening here? What should I fill in?
Sent you a PM :)
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:11 pm

CatHerder wrote:
tulip1 wrote:I paid through paypall and I got a link I should follow: http://www.atheist.ie/atheistireland/me ... les/Tulip1

Sent you a PM :)

Thanks all sorted
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
bmgri

Re: Members Area - Joining Atheist Ireland

Post by bmgri » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi, I am interested in joining, but think the annual fees need some more explaining. The site is a great idea and this voice is badly needed, but I think a manefesto is needed on the homepage to explain what the fee will be put towards.

I was delighted to see the response from this site to the recent blasphemy law in the news! Keep up the great work!

BMGRI
carst
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by carst » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm

I agree with BMGRI regarding the fee. Some explanation as to its use would be helpful (plus provide some accountability!). I suppose people would find it a lot easier to join this group/affiliate themselves if there wasn't a joining fee involved.
CatHerder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by CatHerder » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:07 pm

Just to say that the Finance Officer made a report at the AGM explaining where all money goes and how much was in the account. I dont have the details to hand but I can tell you that there is accountability.
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:49 pm

#1, The Reg form doesn't look terribly official, at least on a MacBook. Is that an accurate impression of the Org. as a whole?

#2, I still think people who want to join up need a bit more assurance than "Our members say there's accountability for money". It's great that the figures were discussed at the AGM, but what about people who just can't go to Dublin much? I don't think it's much to ask for a public description of budget/plans/goals/what the money goes to etc. I mean, if there is a place where this is described, I'd love to be pointed to it ^__^

For one thing, you're required as a club/organisation to publish accounts. Has this been done?

#3, How do you tell if someone's "unwaged" or not? How are the forms stored? Where does this info go and who will read it?

Sorry to sound a little paranoid, but it's one thing joining a forum, another thing entirely to join an organisation. Especially such a new, starter group. I think they're perfectly reasonable questions...

Like, you know, I tend to be wary of joining up with anyone officially. I'm wondering how official Atheist Ireland is, at the end of the day, and how you have been doing things so far...and whether you are trying to change things to be more professional.

So, any thoughts?
Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein
mosbyfederico

Post by mosbyfederico » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks sirs.