Members Area - Joining Atheist Ireland

aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Members Area - Joining Atheist Ireland

Post by aZerogodist » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:30 pm

bmgri wrote:Hi, I am interested in joining, but think the annual fees need some more explaining. The site is a great idea and this voice is badly needed, but I think a manefesto is needed on the homepage to explain what the fee will be put towards.
I was delighted to see the response from this site to the recent blasphemy law in the news! Keep up the great work!
BMGRI
manefesto??? We’re not the communists nor the uni-bomber, we discuss all topics on the public forum, where you can post and see what the org is about. A manefesto sounds like something laid in concrete something static, that’s not what we’re about. The outline for the role of Atheist Ireland was set out in the old Wiki, which got nuked with spambots, a new Wiki is currently being worked on. You could check out wikipedia for ‘Atheist’ and ‘Atheist Ireland’.
carst wrote:I agree with BMGRI regarding the fee. Some explanation as to its use would be helpful (plus provide some accountability!). I suppose people would find it a lot easier to join this group/affiliate themselves if there wasn't a joining fee involved.
One reason for the couple of Quid is to reduce spammers, the other is because those involved wants to pay for the websites and the events held. I do find these two posts over-simular, I can’t see why financial data would be put onto a public forum or even the member’s area. I think that would leave Atheist Ireland open to financial attack from opponents and opportunists.
You do not have to pay to use the Forum/Facebook/Youtube there is nothing extra in being a member, if you support the secular cause then the fee in reality is really optional, there are many full time Atheists that always attend meetings write on the forum give loads of time to Atheist Ireland and yet are not ‘members’.
I realise that someone may want to donate a sum of money or affiliate with AI and but do not know exactly what Atheist Ireland is, I would recommend the communications officer.
In describing what Atheist Ireland is, it might be wise to describe what Atheist Ireland isn’t.
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ctr » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi

I have renewal set up automatically from Paypal. It paid about a month ago but my login is saying my membership has expired.
Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver
CatHerder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by CatHerder » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:50 pm

ctr wrote:Hi

I have renewal set up automatically from Paypal. It paid about a month ago but my login is saying my membership has expired.
I've fixed that for you. Your payment was received and recorded through paypal but it seems the members area software didn't get the message.
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ctr » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 am

That was my bad, I look after that normally and I let it slide for a little while. I am now up to date on this.
abmccabe

Post by abmccabe » Fri May 21, 2010 2:42 pm

CatHerder wrote:You can join Atheist Ireland by clicking the Join Now button on this page http://www.atheist.ie/cgi-bin/atheistireland/pm.cgi?

You will also find a printable application form at this link Image if you wish to join by cheque or postal order.
Just wondering where I can announce that I have just successfully defected from the Catholic Church. Also wondering if I am already one of the 10,042 or am to be added to it.
Abmccabe
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Fri May 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Have you tried posting a defection result on http://www.countmeout.ie/
?
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
paulie

Post by paulie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi everyone! A proud atheist from Tullamore here. Just found this site and forum today. I'm also only halfway through The God Delusion. I better get back to it.
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Bik » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:24 pm

paulie wrote:Hi everyone! A proud atheist from Tullamore here. Just found this site and forum today. I'm also only halfway through The God Delusion. I better get back to it.
Welcome to the site. I see you found Craggy Island easily enough :lol:
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Hi paulie – welcome to the forum – post something about yourself in introductions. :)
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.