Radio/TV interviews this weekend (9-10 Jan)

MichaelNugent
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Radio/TV interviews this weekend (9-10 Jan)

Post by MichaelNugent » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Global Village, Newstalk 106-108 FM, Saturday 7 to 9 pm, studio discussion on atheism and blasphemy with Atheist Ireland members Michael Nugent, Conor McGrath and Grace Ryan, for half an hour near the start of the programme.

Sunday Sequence, BBC Radio Ulster presented by WIlliam McCauley, Sunday, 8.30 to 10.15 am - prerecorded interview with Michael Nugent, not sure what time it will be broadcast

The Wide Angle, Newstalk 106-108 FM presented by Karen Coleman, Sunday, 10 am to 1 pm - studio interview with Michael Nugent, not sure what time it will be broadcast

Joe Duffy’s Spirit Level (religious discussion show) RTE One TV, Sunday 5 pm - studio discussion on religion and secularism in Ireland with Michael Nugent, Mary Freehill and Breda O’Brien.
Last edited by MichaelNugent on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Radio/TV interviews this weekend (9-10 Jan)

Post by adamd164 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:07 pm

I was on Cork Campus Radio this afternoon for about an hour discussing the blasphemy law and secularism. I think they will podcast it in the next few days.
Irish Shaman

Post by Irish Shaman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:49 pm

I'll be sure to listen in and I'll nab the recordings as their happening.

As long as their not all the exact same questions each interview (I'm guessing there will be a bit of overlapping though), I'll upload them to my channel. If you want any of them for the Atheist Ireland channel any of the people who can edit the channel can just get in contact with me and I'll upload them somewhere.
*COUGH* SHAMELESSPLUG *COUGH*
http://www.youtube.com/1rishShaman

Atheism, Atheist Ireland, Gaming, The Atheist Experience... what more could you want?
MichaelNugent
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by MichaelNugent » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:54 pm

There was a typo (now corrected) in the first post on this thread.

Global Village on Newstalk is at 7 pm on Saturday, not Sunday.

This should be an interesting discussion, because we have a few Atheist Ireland members being interviewed.
Rev j.jones

Post by Rev j.jones » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:59 pm

thanks chaps
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
rccaulfield

Post by rccaulfield » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:25 pm

Loved the global village show on Saturday- thought it was too one sided tho! Best advertisement for atheism is having a religious delusional stutter and paraphrase when faced with reality! The song was hilarious but it was b4 the watershed and was a bit out of order in fairness! The presenter didn't understand the eh, terminology of the chorus!
anadub25

Post by anadub25 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Well apparently there was a difficulty finding anyone who was willing to defend the blasphemy law!
"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis."

- Sigmund Freud -
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:27 pm

MichaelNugent wrote:Joe Duffy’s Spirit Level (religious discussion show) RTE One TV, Sunday 5 pm - studio discussion on religion and secularism in Ireland with Michael Nugent, Mary Freehill and Breda O’Brien.
Damn it, I just remembered it was on and now they have changed the panelists, can anyone tell me how it went, is it a live show>
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Well done Michael. I don't know what else I expected from Duffy & O'Brien, but I didn't expect him to be quite so adversarial from the get go. He opened the discussion by saying Dublin City Council was considering removing Arch Bishop Ryan's name from Merrion Square and in the course of asking the councillor (can't remember her name) either the 1st or 2nd question he asked a long-winder accusatorial question which ended with something like 'Arch Bishop Ryan still has relitives alive, why are you trying to deliberately insult them?'

That quickly gave me the slant of the programme.

Breda O'Brien was suitably hilarious. She seemed agaisnt the way in which Atheist Ireland went about highlighting the ridiculousness of the new blasphemy law because people on the forum of this site use the word 'fuck' a lot.

I suppose she was speaking to an audience she knows well. I don't see all that many non-catholics, let alone non-religious people watching a religious programme hosted by Joe Duffy on a Sunday afternoon.

As for the 2nd discussion on IVF, the chap on the programme said that left over embryos should be given up for adoption. Wow!
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Hemingway » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:31 pm

I enjoyed the Spirit Level discussion although Duffy only asked for Michaels comments on 3 or 4 occassions I think.

He seemed more obsessed with the renaming of Merrion Sq than anything else.
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken