Mizen to Malin in opposition to Blasphemy Law

aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Mizen to Malin in opposition to Blasphemy Law

Post by aZerogodist » Fri May 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Just a note about the YouTube channel
Earlier today we were #34 most viewed (Ireland) just now its #31. great stuff.
Rev j.jones

Post by Rev j.jones » Sun May 16, 2010 8:40 am

Go on Paul, good skills man.

I know Galway like the back of my hand, I would not walk from Galway to Clonboo, the road is called the Curragh line and its deadly dangerous. I have not seen any local walk the Curragh line in years and I use to live on it, infact the only people who walk the Curragh line are tourists and they usually turn around before long.

the tuam rd is far safer and if you take a left after ClareGalway at the Police station/ Kynes pub you'll arrive in cloonboo its a couple of miles longer but you'll get there. Call into Cunniffes I'll let them know your passing through.

please don't walk the line apart from the danger its going to piss alot of motorists off as there is little room for over taking.
If you must walk the line I'd happy to follow in a Tractor or Truck.

any way I'm gonna try to catch you guys on the way into galway today, and I'll get a few down to Roisín Dubh.

best of luck

P.S.
T.J. if your reading this come on down you have a place to stay
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Sun May 16, 2010 9:09 am

Rev j.jones wrote:Go on Paul, good skills man.

I know Galway like the back of my hand, I would not walk from Galway to Clonboo, the road is called the Curragh line and its deadly dangerous. I have not seen any local walk the Curragh line in years and I use to live on it, infact the only people who walk the Curragh line are tourists and they usually turn around before long.

the tuam rd is far safer and if you take a left after ClareGalway at the Police station/ Kynes pub you'll arrive in cloonboo its a couple of miles longer but you'll get there. Call into Cunniffes I'll let them know your passing through.

please don't walk the line apart from the danger its going to piss alot of motorists off as there is little room for over taking.
If you must walk the line I'd happy to follow in a Tractor or Truck.

any way I'm gonna try to catch you guys on the way into galway today, and I'll get a few down to Roisín Dubh.

best of luck
P.S.
T.J. if your reading this come on down you have a place to stay
Thanks Rev. we got your message, and will let you know where Paul is, but his not due into Galway untill Monday.

I will ask Paul to log onto facebook and comfirm attending: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/eve ... 7437346065
Also Thanks Fergus for your support in Gort.
Rev j.jones

Post by Rev j.jones » Sun May 16, 2010 10:23 am

Good man Azerogodist, you fella's got stones
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Tue May 18, 2010 6:25 am

So how did last night go in Galway?

Have we had much media attention in Galway? I am told Jon Richards is the guy to go to in Galway FM.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Tue May 18, 2010 5:45 pm

nozzferrahhtoo wrote:So how did last night go in Galway?

Have we had much media attention in Galway? I am told Jon Richards is the guy to go to in Galway FM.
We have left Galway a change of route towards Tuam, this will give Paul's pilgrimage Mizan to Malin a fitting stop over in KNOCk, to try to get the view point from the other side.

The NUIG Skeptics are great, pity we didn't have more time as late to the pub.
Missed this post, but Paul did an interview with the Galway Independent and a photo shoot at the cathedral, we can still try to contact Galway FM.

Also we got a contact # for TV3
MichaelNugent
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by MichaelNugent » Tue May 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Video now online of Paul in Limerick

Also, please remember to text Paul messages of support at +353 86 7325365
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Wed May 19, 2010 8:17 am

Another meet up event for anyone in the area:

As a morale boost for Paul, members of Atheist Ireland are taking Paul to a night of comedy with Tommy Tiernan...

Tommy Tiernan - World Tour of Sligo, Leitrim & Roscommon '10
St. Bridgets Hall, Tubbercurry,
Wed 26 May 2010, 20:30

Four members, Paul and azerogodist included, have bought tickets for this show and Paul will be chauffeured from the end point of his walk on this day, to the show, and back again... to ensure his walk is unbroken and he is good and tired so he looks and feels his best the next morning setting off from the correct starting point :) (No one ever said we wanted to make this walk EASY for him hehehe).

If any other members wish to come along, tickets for the show are available from www.ticketmaster.ie or if you are in or around Tubbercurry itself they are purchasable from Gillespie's Menswear.

We also hope that Tommy himself will meet with Paul briefly after the show to give him his personal congratulations on the undertaking of this walk. Tommy himself as part of one of his tours performed a 6 week 650 mile walk across Ireland and so there could be no better man to extend genuine congratulations and advice to Paul himself.
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Thu May 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Where can one find a log of Paul's progress?
I watch YouTube, here, Atheist Nexus and Facebook and can only find intermittent reports in no particular order.
Is there any information yet of how things went in Galway?
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Fri May 21, 2010 10:07 am

Feardorcha wrote:Where can one find a log of Paul's progress?
I watch YouTube, here, Atheist Nexus and Facebook and can only find intermittent reports in no particular order.
Is there any information yet of how things went in Galway?
I will try to update facebook & AI daily form now on, we are now in Knock were Paul is taking a break, as the change of route cut 12clicks off and as the next two walks are short, Paul will walk both in one day, so we will spend an extra night in Knock.

Two Atheists in Knock, great photo op for us with AI-t-shirts on.

We hope to get the view of the Blasphemy Law from the christian perspective.

Galway: The NUIG Skeptics are great, they have published a booklet 'A collection of writings by NUI Galway's non-believers' called Atheist. Will ask for a PDF. They also have there own t-shirt, pic on facebook. Galway City is a tourist/party town, therefore geared for money. The Galway Independent has an article on Paul, so a link to it would be great, or a scan.

Also, The Limerick Leader & Clare Champion, so links would be welcome.
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news