Interview Ocean FM

Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Interview Ocean FM

Post by Tulip1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:41 am

Myself and Michael had an interview on the local radio Ocean FM based on the article in the Sunday Tribune.

Micheal thank you very much for doing the "official bit"!! I was very happy you did. I couldn't have done that.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Interview Ocean FM

Post by Ygern » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:45 am

Well done. Was it live or will it be broadcast later on?

Oh - and now that you are famous, do we have to call you sir?
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
Marks
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Marks » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:00 pm

It was a very good interview and you came across very well.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks Marks and Ygern.

I am just happy it gets this much attention, just did an interview with the Irish Independent as well. I plugged the teach don't preach campaign.
No Ygern it was live on air. I don't know how this pod cast stuff works and if it is on.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Fair play. People in Carrick are mentioning the article and 'yer man in Sligo' to me and asking about the campaigns & parents rights, so it's being heard.
“As I never tire of saying, heat is not the antithesis of light but rather the source of it.” Christopher Hitchens
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:38 pm

That's great Ciaran. And Ygern there is your answer you don't have to call me sir but just "Yer man in Sligo"

We have an Article in the Independent the day after tomorrow.
MichaelNugent
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by MichaelNugent » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:16 am

Tulip1 wrote:Micheal thank you very much for doing the "official bit"!! I was very happy you did. I couldn't have done that.
You're welcome. And I thought you came across very well. It's great to have somebody prepared to do these things from the perspective of a parent.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:57 pm

MichaelNugent wrote:
Tulip1 wrote:Micheal thank you very much for doing the "official bit"!! I was very happy you did. I couldn't have done that.
You're welcome. And I thought you came across very well. It's great to have somebody prepared to do these things from the perspective of a parent.
I was a bit nevous at first but it went a bit better leter on.

Had good comments from Catholic people at college who totally agree that religion should not be taught at schools. These people are 18-20 so there is hope for the future!
Rogan
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Rogan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:49 am

Well done Sir Tulip, it's great that it's getting so much exposure & positive feedback, keep up the good work.