help!!!!! Radio interview spin

Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: help!!!!! Radio interview spin

Post by Bik » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Tulip1 wrote:
chemicals wrote:wow #7 post on the politics.ie threadthat was quick !! :D
This dad should **** off back to where he came from if Ireland annoys him that much.
I get that quite a bit around here, it is a way of not having to deal with any issue. The other one is "are there not more pressing issues,"
The thread is getting a bit heated on p.ie, I think it's about 60% in your favour, there are 'supposed' atheists saying that they support the RCC ethos in national schools, I say supposed as p.ie is well known for having people claim to be unionist or nationalist to discredit the opposing group, so I'm sure the same is true of some 'atheist' posters. The mask usually slips pretty quickly though.
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:22 pm

It has all gone a bit mental. It's now on page 45 and growing rapdily. Some of the comments are shameful. I'm sure you jsut brush them off Tulip. They don't represent the majority view by any stretch.
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:48 pm

The fact that some people get angry and abusive at the mere thought of people in Ireland asking for their rights as guaranteed by Irish law shows you just how indoctrinated some people are, even those who like to think they are secular and not at all influenced by the status quo.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:37 pm

no worries beeb, I had expected a lot more of the fuck the foreigner brigade, the majority of reactions are great though. I am pleasantly surpriced.

No matter what the reactions are, people are thinking and talking about it. That's the main thing at the moment. People will see that it's not a very small minority agreeing with me, but quite a large group. I expected more bad reactions every where. The best reaction I have had is from classmates at college who are practising catholics, they are agreeing with me that church has no place in education. These classmates are 19-20, so there is hope.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Bik » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Tulip1 wrote:no worries beeb, I had expected a lot more of the fuck the foreigner brigade, the majority of reactions are great though. I am pleasantly surpriced.
Did you see the post by Ne0ica? "If he doesn't like it he can fuck off back to Finland!" :lol:
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Bik wrote:
Tulip1 wrote:no worries beeb, I had expected a lot more of the fuck the foreigner brigade, the majority of reactions are great though. I am pleasantly surpriced.
Did you see the post by Ne0ica? "If he doesn't like it he can fuck off back to Finland!" :lol:
Well thats somebody that can read... the proof something is wrong with the education system perhaps?
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Letter in the Indo about ya:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/lette ... 14666.html
I feel we should call time on complaints against our education system.
Especially from the Finns.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Ciaran wrote:Letter in the Indo about ya:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/lette ... 14666.html
I feel we should call time on complaints against our education system.
Especially from the Finns.
Yep and lets forget the whole human rights issue. And taking him out of the school and find one that's fit me is exactly what I did?

I just read that I was looking for a few bob in the politics one.
Do this people not get it's not money I want but the school be told that they just can't do all this?
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:03 pm

I’m horrified at some of the politics.ie comments – I really can’t read anymore from that website. Tulip1 – you have my full support - you did the right thing. At a HAI meeting I attended a few years ago I met a mother whose five-year-old child came back after the first day of school blessing herself – she removed the child. It’s unfair that the people doing the discrimination are saying that they are the ones discriminated against.
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:19 pm

You always get these comments, they are easy and populistic. I wrote a comment myself there. But I am not going into the discussion. It doesn't lead to anything. You can avoid all thinking by saying fuck off to holland. I was honestly expecting more of this then I got. The ammount of people that are happy with it is unbelieveble