Interview TV3, Friday 4 Feb

Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Interview TV3 tomorrow morning, Friday 4 Feb

Post by Ygern » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:16 pm

There are a good few comments on the Facebook page too now: http://www.facebook.com/AtheistIreland
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Interview TV3, Friday 4 Feb

Post by Hemingway » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Well done Martijn and Jane!!!!!

:D
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 pm

That Mark threw me off when he was on about prayers that were not religous? I didn't understand what he ment there.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Bik » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Tulip1 wrote:That Mark threw me off when he was on about prayers that were not religous? I didn't understand what he ment there.
I don't really watch tv anymore but the way Mark Cagney was interviewing you reminded me of Gay Byrne on the Late Late Show in the 80s, middle ground smarmy.
That won't mean much to you Martijn but maybe older Irish members might understand?
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:33 pm

That was great stuff.
I think the interviewers knew which side they were on from the start.
For 'staunch atheist' read screaming fanatic and not a reasonable atheist who will go along with any abuse of civil rights.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:35 pm

To be fair they play a bit a role when on air, they try to say what "everybody" at home is thinking. The woman (Shinead?) was very shocked to hear that a lot of people tell me that I should F$^) off back to Holland.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.