Attend the World Atheist Convention in Dublin, June 3-5 2011

Mr Kequc

Re: Attend the World Atheist Convention in Dublin, June 3-5 2011

Post by Mr Kequc » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:15 pm

I have my ticket! 8)

I eventually broke down and bought one. Marketing geniuses.
rollingfish
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by rollingfish » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Just bought 2 for my wife and I today. Can't wait. Sounds interesting. :D
Last edited by rollingfish on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilFish
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by EvilFish » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:05 pm

dugges wrote:
Owen wrote:Was there meant to be any other confirmation of payment other than the one from PayPal? Was I meant to receive a ticket of some sort? I paid last week but haven't received anything other than the standard paypal receipt.
Bout time I started mailing people about the event but things are a bit hectic.
Beavering away trying to get more speakers added to the bill and other big announcements.

I should have something out tomorrow, and send weekly thank you/acknowledgement mails aside from any big announcements.

Rgds

Steve
Great stuff, you can ignore my follow up emails so! :)

Bought two early bird tickets on Saturday for myself and my girlfriend.

For what you're getting, I think €100 is a bargain. Hell, I probably would have paid the €140 in a heartbeat.
dugges
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by dugges » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:50 pm

EvilFish wrote:
dugges wrote:
Owen wrote:Was there meant to be any other confirmation of payment other than the one from PayPal? Was I meant to receive a ticket of some sort? I paid last week but haven't received anything other than the standard paypal receipt.
Bout time I started mailing people about the event but things are a bit hectic.
Beavering away trying to get more speakers added to the bill and other big announcements.

I should have something out tomorrow, and send weekly thank you/acknowledgement mails aside from any big announcements.

Rgds

Steve
Great stuff, you can ignore my follow up emails so! :)

Bought two early bird tickets on Saturday for myself and my girlfriend.

For what you're getting, I think €100 is a bargain. Hell, I probably would have paid the €140 in a heartbeat.
Glad to have both of you coming EvilFish!!!
:)
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
Douglas Adams
EvilFish
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by EvilFish » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:28 pm

So any plans for an AI meetup for drinks some evening over the weekend of the convention? If there's a few of us going it could be fun, and since we'll all be in the same place, why not?

Plus I'm new here and don't know anyone, so it'd be cool to chat to some of you.
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ctr » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:17 am

Good point, What hotels are people using? (Including our speakers :wink: )

anyway my ticket is paid for :D
Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:35 am

EvilFish wrote:So any plans for an AI meetup for drinks some evening over the weekend of the convention?
I hope so, but it probably makes sense to wait until some form of schedule is announced. After all we do not even know at this stage if the convention is early morning sessions wrapping up in the afternoon, or afternoon sessions wrapping up late evening.... Scheduling anything will be hard without such info.

I imagine however that on each of the three nights there will be impromptu announcements at the end of play by the organisers about what venue is being looked at for after drinks. After the first AGM for example Ygern and Micheal just announced that the party would be moving to the Market Bar... and whoever wanted to go just wandered over.

As for me, alas the Friday night is my only open night for hitting the bottle, so Im hoping some will be around for beers that night.
Rogan
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Rogan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Pints sound good!
EvilFish
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by EvilFish » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 am

nozzferrahhtoo wrote:
EvilFish wrote:So any plans for an AI meetup for drinks some evening over the weekend of the convention?
As for me, alas the Friday night is my only open night for hitting the bottle, so Im hoping some will be around for beers that night.
I certainly will be :D

EDIT: Just bought dinner reservations for both nights; now just have to work out how to get all the speakers to the nearest pub afterwards. :D
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Fri May 06, 2011 12:28 am

AronRa & D.P.R. Jones have joined the line up!

Aron-Ra is an autodidact and recurring student living in Texas –where the state board of education is dominated by religious ideologues determined to undermine public schools in favor of creationist pseudoscience. To counter this, Aron-Ra produced a video series summarizing the 'Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism'. Due to its easy direct format and high level of accuracy, that series along with his 'Falsifying Phylogeny' series, and several subsequent posts have been mirrored, featured, referenced, and recommended by many professional scientists, secularists, and educators, and has attracted more than 50,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel. Thus Aron-Ra is listed among the most influential internet activists advocating rationalism in science education, and is a regular co-host of the Magic Sandwich Show on BlogTV.
http://youtu.be/JjJ7cImj0Yc
Attachments
aron2.JPG
aron2.JPG (17.3 KiB) Viewed 2839 times