Rebel County Events and Corkonian Shindigs

BrianMurphy

Rebel County Events and Corkonian Shindigs

Post by BrianMurphy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 pm

If people could post events here to let people know about events in Cork which Goddless people might be interested in that would be great.
funkyderek

Re: Rebel County Events and Corkonian Shindigs

Post by funkyderek » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Brian, there are a few events coming up, none of them organised by Atheist Ireland but likely to be of interest nonetheless.

Check http://www.atheist.ie/2013/01/secular-sunday-55/#55loc2 for details.
If you want to subscribe to our weekly newsletter, PM me your email address and I'll add you to the mailing list.
Also you can email cork@atheist.ie and let them know you're interested in events in Cork.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image Image Image Image
RebelHumanis

Post by RebelHumanis » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi there,

The Cork Humanists are launching a film club this Tuesday at 8pm in the Camden Palace the press release is below.
Cork Humanists Launch Monthly Film Club

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Camden Palace, Cork, 8pm, Tuesday January 22nd, 2013.

The Cork Humanists are launching a monthly film club at the Camden Palace which will serve as a focal point for like-minded non-religious folk. The film club will screen both indie and popular films with specifically Humanist themes or films that can be interpreted from a Humanist perspective. The club will also serve as a monthly social event for Corkonians of the godless variety. Its first screening will be of the much acclaimed 2004 comedy ‘I Heart Huckabees’ starring Jason Schwartzman, Dustin Hoffman, Mark Wahlberg, Jude Law and Naomi Watts. There will be a suggested voluntary donation of €3 per person to cover venue hire cost.

The Cork Humanists are a community project run by and for Humanist, Atheist and freethinking Corkonians.

Aaron Keohane
087 7920111
corkhumanists@gmail.com
FreeThinker2010
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by FreeThinker2010 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:12 pm

I will try organise an atheists in the pub for cork,ill find a venue by next week.I will let you guys know when i get it organised,ill see what i can do to make it a fun event every weekend.Im not sure how to go about this,what happens if someone tells me no go burn in hell? :lol: I`ll be in cork city everyday so i`ll look around.