Atheist's Guide to Christmas

Tell us about what you've been reading or watching
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Atheist's Guide to Christmas

Post by Beebub » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Contributors include Dawkins, Derren Brown, Charlie Brooker, David Badiel & Ed Byrne.

I have bought a few copies of this as presents and am looking forward to reading it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atheists-Guide- ... 0007322615

I found it on Amazon but thought, given the CEC, that I should really not only shop in Ireland but locally. So I went to my local book shop (Dubray Books) and found copies of it. They were €17 each!! Assuming that the charity involved receives the same amount whether I buy it on Amazon or Dubray, because I assume Dubray isn't trying to squeeze more money out of you to give away, this is madness. I know costs are higher to maintain a shop, but how do they hope to survive? I'd have paid a couple of euros more for the convenience of buying them there and then and to support local businesses, but over 100% more expensive than Amazon is crazy. ( I bought enough stuff on Amazon to avail of free delivery, so each book cost me less than €8.)
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Atheist's Guide to Christmas

Post by aZerogodist » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:58 am

Think I'll go to Easons and see if they have it on the shelf.

Any other good books for gifts or to read over the "holiday-formally-known-as-christmas"?
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
dugges
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Atheist's Guide to Christmas

Post by dugges » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:21 pm

It's in paperback now, you should find it in the humour section!
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
Douglas Adams