The Magdalene Sisters

Tell us about what you've been reading or watching
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

The Magdalene Sisters

Post by eccles » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:44 pm

I just bought the DVD of the movie "The Magdalene Sisters" about the Magdalene Laundries. I have known about the Magdalene Laundries and how shocking they were, but nothing could have prepared me for this Movie. The DVD also has the Documentary. "Sex in a Cold Climate". The movie and the Documentary are well done, so much so that they show in graphic and sordid detail how bad the "Holy" Roman Catholic Church is and cruel it has been to it's "Faithful". It have been left in a state of shock after watching this DVD. I suffered 12 years in a Jesuit "Concentration Camp" Xavier College in Melbourne, but as a Dayboy. One of my Uncles went to a Christian Brothers College and swore if he ever saw Brother "so-&-so" in the street he would kill him for the cruelty he dealt out. My Uncle did stay a devout Roman Catholic until the day he died. I don't know why.

I can't understand why the Irish people put up with the CCL for so long. The attitude to Sex by the CCL is despicable. One old woman in the documentry, who had been in one of the Magdalene Asylums told how a priest masturbated all over her and then straight away went and said Mass. He celebrated Mass with that filthly sin on his soul. How many paedophile priests have sexually abused altar boys just before Mass.
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: The Magdalene Sisters

Post by aZerogodist » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:24 am

Just seen this on Film4, there's not many films would make me cry, I feel ashamed of Ireland for letting this to go on.

I really think a website should be set up The Irish Holocaust and one day a museum.
Buzz

Post by Buzz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:39 am

Hi Eccles.

This is a first class film by the way - it turned my guts while watching it - I was in a Catholic Orphanage at age 4 so it brought up a lot of pain.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:29 am

Buzz wrote:Hi Eccles.

This is a first class film by the way - it turned my guts while watching it - I was in a Catholic Orphanage at age 4 so it brought up a lot of pain.
Oh, Christ, Buzz. You poor fellow. You must hate the CCL more that I do and that is saying something.
em hotep

Buzz

Post by Buzz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:24 am

eccles wrote:

Oh, Christ, Buzz. You poor fellow. You must hate the CCL more that I do and that is saying something.
I have PTSD from my time in that institution - and the word hate is not appropriate - its more than hate - its contempt and all my life I have seen the RCC in decline - and now the destruction of the evil Empire that is Rome is at hand and almost complete.

Like the rape of Lucretia by Tarquinius Sexus, which brought the destruction of the Etruscan Kings and the rise of the Roman Republic, now with the rape of the innocents in Ireland, we are seeing the fall of the Church of Rome.

I will live to see the destruction of the Catholic Church, I am a part of that destruction.

The Church of Rome was the rock of the people of Ireland, but at the same time, Ireland was the rock of the Church of Rome, now, without Ireland, the Church of Rome must fall.

Because of the rape of the innocents, Ireland has become the New Protestants, and Rome cannot survive.

I am an anomic atheist - which is to say - I will fight to my last drop of blood.

My enemy is almost defeated, and he is still dangerous - but he will never recover and in my lifetime I have seen his destruction.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:42 am

Buzz wrote:
eccles wrote:

I have PTSD from my time in that institution - and the word hate is not appropriate - its more than hate - its contempt and all my life I have seen the RCC in decline - and now the destruction of the evil Empire that is Rome is at hand and almost complete.

Like the rape of Lucretia by Tarquinius Sexus, which brought the destruction of the Etruscan Kings and the rise of the Roman Republic, now with the rape of the innocents in Ireland, we are seeing the fall of the Church of Rome.

I will live to see the destruction of the Catholic Church, I am a part of that destruction.

The Church of Rome was the rock of the people of Ireland, but at the same time, Ireland was the rock of the Church of Rome, now, without Ireland, the Church of Rome must fall.

Because of the rape of the innocents, Ireland has become the New Protestants, and Rome cannot survive.

I am an anomic atheist - which is to say - I will fight to my last drop of blood.

My enemy is almost defeated, and he is still dangerous - but he will never recover and in my lifetime I have seen his destruction.
Buzz I am your closest ally in the FIGHT. I hear the Archbishop of Perth is an Arsehole. So is "Archbishop" Denis Hart of Melbourne. He is going to loose many more Catholics the way he is going on. He has banned any kind of secular music at funerals. He is telling Catholics not to vote for the Greens in the State Election.
I put Archbishop in quotes because I do not recognize his Consecration as an Archbishop by the Heretical Hierachy of the Heretical "Holy" Roman Catholic Church that was made heretical by Vatican II.

I went to Xavier College in Melbourne with that bastard Hart. He was an arshehole at school, He was an arsehole to me at school. He was an arsehole to me at the Cathedral in spite of the fact I was a Collector, member of the Parish Council and a relieving organist. The "Holy" Roman Catholic Church is run by ARSEHOLES, especially Herr Papst Ratslinger, der Führer von Der Vatican Reich.
em hotep

Buzz

Post by Buzz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:50 am

LOL

At least you were not buggered by them - I presume - and the paradigm has shifted my friend.

There was a time - in the not too distant past - in Ireland, when before a soccer match or Gaelic football match, the players in both teams would kneel at the feet and kiss the ring of any Bishop who was attending the match.

Now, they have nothing but contempt and would and will never kneel to a Catholic Bishop ever again - let along kiss anything of his.

Ireland is the Rock of Rome, without Ireland, Rome will fall.

Now Rome is recruiting Anglican priests - married vicars - as Catholic priests, because the seminaries are empty and there are no more Irish priests.

With Anglican priests, the Catholic Church is finished.

Ireland is vital for the destruction of Roman Catholicism.

Have you ever noticed that only odd people seek a career in the Church as a priest?

They have lost their power - the Emperor has no clothes.

The Empire is falling to dust.

Thanks to Ireland.
Séasán Ó Riabhaigh
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Séasán Ó Riabhaigh » Sun May 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Being aware of the pure undoubted evil of these people-and having watched films like The Magdalene Sisters,Song For A Raggy Boy and Our Boys,if any of those priests,nuns,sisters,brothers or whatever they call themselves were still alive(which is unlikely),I think I'd slowly torture them to death.
Being a heathen is better than being a hypocrite.