The Naked Emperor - Why Religion is Bollocks.

Tell us about what you've been reading or watching
HarryO'Criosna

Re: The Naked Emperor - Why Religion is Bollocks.

Post by HarryO'Criosna » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

chemicals wrote:
Feardorcha wrote:I'm guessing it's a load of crap.
I suspect your right
I can confirm your guesses and suspicions. I feel guilty for inconveniencing the electrons which had to move in order for this to be downloaded to my phone. Had I paid for it I'd be raging. If you like to base your thinking on one person's life experiences and the sort of anecdotes that normally arrive by email from your more naive friends, then this is the book for you. Its also good, if you like lots, of misplaced, commas everywhere. I have to admit I couldn't actually make it past the third chapter, so maybe it gets better but I'll leave it up to someone else to find that out.
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Can we at least give him that great Irish tribute - sure his heart's in the right place.
Cracker

Post by Cracker » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Feardorcha wrote:Can we at least give him that great Irish tribute - sure his heart's in the right place.
Yes.
comphelp

Post by comphelp » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:17 am

Well thank you for agreeing to be civil despite your dislike of the book.

If anyone is interested and didn't get chance last time, the last free promo is coming up on Monday (US time). By my calculations thats from about 8:00AM GMT Monday until 8:00AM GMT Tuesday. Amazon allow you to do 5x free promos per quarter and that's the last one.

I'd welcome your feedback on if you would like me to post about these in future quarters (if Peter continues with his Amazon exclusivity). If its not welcome, I'm happy to leave.

The website analytics suggest that there have been some Irish visitors to the site so a big thankyou to those that checked it out. The website was previously under construction but is now almost finished. Peter has now also started a regular blog on the site too. The address is http://www.religionisbollocks.com/

Cheers
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't mind you posting here at all and I am sure some people would be able to give you some constructive criticism.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:48 pm

That goes for me too. And can I start by suggesting that you read the book.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Feardorcha wrote:That goes for me too. And can I start by suggesting that you read the book.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:01 am

Comphelp, keep us informed, & hope the book sells well. The kindle does looks like a good way for new authors to get their books out there, might be idea if we had a sticky list of recomended books for the kindle.
I don't have one, maybe someday.
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:39 am

I see on the Richard Dawkins site that they call these books 'flea books'. I suppose they mean that the book tries to get a ride on the back of a weightier work.

Several of my own books, which I wrote one afternoon are also available on Kindle: "War and That Kind of Thing", "Pride and Stuff", are among the more successful titles.
HarryO'Criosna

Post by HarryO'Criosna » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:44 pm

aZerogodist wrote:...hope the book sells well...
Seriously, its absolutely awful, there are millions of books out there more worthy of your money (I like the sound of Feardorcha's ones). Plus the two reviews there are on amazon.com (5 stars each!) are written in exactly the same style as the book. Funny, that.

Re the kindle, I used the free Kindle app on my phone. Its not really a substitute for the real thing but workable all the same.