'The Atheist Experience'

Tell us about what you've been reading or watching
truthiness2010
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

'The Atheist Experience'

Post by truthiness2010 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:15 pm

I would highly recommend checking out 'The Atheist Experience' TV show, airing on public access TV in Austin Texas. It is run by the Atheist Community of Austin, and is particularly interesting as it is aimed at a non-atheist audience. Considering what the Texas school board has recently been up to and the entrenched religiosity of much of Texas generally, I think the work that they are doing is extremely impressive.

The show's website is www.atheist-experience.com and it can be streamed Sunday nights at 10.30. Most of the past shows are also available on YouTube.
"Priests and conjurors are of the same trade." Thomas Paine
mrodub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: 'The Atheist Experience'

Post by mrodub » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:54 pm

You can see it on you tube as well it’s a great show matt and Jeff are brilliant.
As a secondary recommendation i just finished Thomas Paine’s age of reason. It is excellent, he is a deist of course and does not apply the same standards of logic to his own beliefs as he does to the Christian belief but nevertheless it is an excellent book by book review of the bible and its flaws.
Mirthomaniac
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Mirthomaniac » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:34 pm

http://videosift.com/video/The-real-cos ... oor-caller

Just came across this one today. It's one of the best ones I've watched, and I've watched quite a few.
Mr Kequc

Post by Mr Kequc » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Mirthomaniac wrote:http://videosift.com/video/The-real-cos ... oor-caller

Just came across this one today. It's one of the best ones I've watched, and I've watched quite a few.
I don't know how I missed that one. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

This is an excellent TV show to watch; to learn the position theists hold and what makes them believe what they do. As someone that grew up Atheist, this show helps me figure out a lot about what's going on.
Last edited by Mr Kequc on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mrodub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by mrodub » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Ray Comfort is on the show next week to debate matt so it should be interesting. Not academically of course, as ray is beyond ignorant but it may be interesting to see what his new set of arguments are after the epic fail that was the banana and the crocaduck. I don’t think I would have the patients to debate him.
DaithiDublin

Post by DaithiDublin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:36 am

mrodub wrote:Ray Comfort is on the show next week to debate matt so it should be interesting.
Definitely tune in for that! I'd love to be interviewed on the street by that fartknocker. "Yes, Ray, by my own admission I am a lying, thieving, adulterous blasphemer. But seeing as I don't believe in God, sin or Satan, what's your point?"
As yet I have not found a single case of a terrestrial animal which fertilises itself.

- Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species
(he obviously never went to Bray)
DaithiDublin

Post by DaithiDublin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Just watched it on YT via your 'Like' mrodub, thanks. That made it handy.

The mind boggles, doesn't it!
As yet I have not found a single case of a terrestrial animal which fertilises itself.

- Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species
(he obviously never went to Bray)