Books I am reading or about to read

Tell us about what you've been reading or watching
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Books I am reading or about to read

Post by Bik » Thu May 17, 2012 12:00 pm

chemicals wrote:
Idle-Emma wrote:' I orderd a few days ago to arrive in the post.
ah one of the great joys of a kindle - no waiting required :)
Tsk Tsk :( By instant gratification you've lost the joy of hearing the delivery fall through the letterbox or even better the fun of browsing a bookshop :P

Don't mind me, I'll never buy a kindle I love books too much but I also never bought a CD player (the car came with one though) and still collect vinyl but I won that game as CDs are on the way out and vinyl still rules 8) I can't see the music downloading thingy taking off either :shock: :lol:
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
Idle-Emma

Post by Idle-Emma » Thu May 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Bik wrote:
Tsk Tsk :( By instant gratification you've lost the joy of hearing the delivery fall through the letterbox or even better the fun of browsing a bookshop :P
Agreed. Having packages arrive in the post makes me happy. And browsing in bookshops is relaxing.
I love having a physical book too much. Not ready for an e-reader just yet XD
HylandPaddy

Post by HylandPaddy » Sat May 19, 2012 6:03 pm

mkaobrih wrote:I'm nearly finished The Authoritarians by Bob Altemeyer (non fiction). It has some interesting theories about the rise of religious fundamentalism and right wing authoritarianism. He is allowing it to be downloaded for free. Here's a link to the uni website if anyone is interested.
http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/
What a coinkidink! I just finished that yesterday.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-Carl Sagan
Idle-Emma

Post by Idle-Emma » Sat May 19, 2012 7:30 pm

On to reading Bad Science because it finally came arrived in the post! Makes's my day better when I wake up and find package waiting for me. Just waiting now for Cosmos to arrive.