Any other Universities setting up?

aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Any other Universities setting up?

Post by aZerogodist » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Great to see UCC SASS forming, the rebels :D

But are there any existing groups all ready formed in other Uni/collages?
Are ther any other members thinking of setting up groups within their Uni/collages?

Should we some how incourrage the formation of such groups, The UCC SASS will be the template and from them learn the best practice. Maybe by going onto the Uni-sites or boards we can put forward the idea.
niallllll

Re: Any other Universities setting up?

Post by niallllll » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Hello,
Yeah i was the guy who was planning the NUIG Atheistic society. However doing a PhD means i dont have to much time to engage in much extra cirricular. The societies day was sadly on last week and i was away in Plymouth collecting some samples so i had no time to set a table up.
i suppose if i could it out there. any one from NUIG who is looking to set the society up? I will definitely help in any way possible
Rita702

Post by Rita702 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:56 am

Hey,
I've just started trying to set up a group in UCD. I think that I will have a lot of problems getting the go ahead from the societies officer but I'll be pushing the issue anyway. Have UCC found getting signatures easy?
cosmosforest

Post by cosmosforest » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Rita702 wrote:Hey,
I've just started trying to set up a group in UCD. I think that I will have a lot of problems getting the go ahead from the societies officer but I'll be pushing the issue anyway. Have UCC found getting signatures easy?

I know pretty much the entire sci-fi soc there...let me know if i can help in any way (even though i'm not in college :P )
"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Plato
BrianOR

Post by BrianOR » Mon May 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Is there anyone else attending NUIM?Just testing the waters.Something to stand up against the ridiculous youth defense and the likes.
dugges
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by dugges » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:54 pm

Rita702 wrote:Hey,
IT Sligo had a Pagan Society (sadly no atheist) when I was there, I remembered an issue when all their posters were taken off the board by somebody, but the Students Union responded by reproducing the poster on their electronic board in the cantine.

I don't think the Societies officer would be a problem, maybe a disgruntled fundie student or even a cleaner
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
Douglas Adams
kevinmcinerney

Post by kevinmcinerney » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:20 pm

niallllll wrote:Hello,
Yeah i was the guy who was planning the NUIG Atheistic society. However doing a PhD means i dont have to much time to engage in much extra cirricular. The societies day was sadly on last week and i was away in Plymouth collecting some samples so i had no time to set a table up.
i suppose if i could it out there. any one from NUIG who is looking to set the society up? I will definitely help in any way possible
Hey Niall

Hello

My friend Charles and i have been planning an athiest/sceptic/freethinking society in nuig for the last year. Im starting second year psychology and he is going into arts..We are both rowers and have very little free time as a result but if we could all spread the workload whoknows .....If you want to pass on your e-mail we could exchange a few ideas..I know charles has worked on a few things that he wants to share with me

l8r

Kevin
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:38 pm

what ever happened to the socs board who were taking the piss
test
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:43 am

Kevin - check your PMs there.
ziltoid

Post by ziltoid » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:02 pm

BrianOR wrote:Is there anyone else attending NUIM?Just testing the waters.Something to stand up against the ridiculous youth defense and the likes.
yea im in NUIM and would be interested in doing something