Muslim death threats to Leeds Atheist Soc

adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Muslim death threats to Leeds Atheist Soc

Post by adamd164 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:19 pm

http://www.national-student.co.uk/pages ... reats.html

Tent and equipment vandalised during their event also.
This is the second death threat received by the society, the last one being made by university’s Muslim society member’s state. They believe that this most recent threat may have also been made by the same people.

The previous death threat was made because the Leeds University Atheist Society wanted to show material in a debate about free speech that was deemed offensive to Islam, in this case the infamous Danish cartoons
Globi

Re: Muslim death threats to Leeds Atheist Soc

Post by Globi » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks for the link, Adam.
Sadly, it is only a matter of time that this sort of thing will be visiting our shores also.
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Hemingway » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:11 pm

This is pissing me off. Are they going to threaten everyone who doesnt think like them with death? I bet you to a man none of these Islamic people making the threats have even seen the Danish cartoons.
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
CelticAtheist

Post by CelticAtheist » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:00 am

Send back a letter (to the Muslim Extremists' Committee of Britain or something..) with this threat:
Give up your misguided ways or we'll write books about how you're wrong, or possibly wrong, and those books will make the best selling list for the month in which they are published....