DCU Society

thusspakeblixa

DCU Society

Post by thusspakeblixa » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Hello there,

My name is Niall Farrell and I'm in the process of setting up the DCU Secularist/Atheist Societ (still need a name.)

If there are any interested students in DCU PM me here or on boards.ie (same username)

Hopefully the society will be set up over the next month or so but we do need a committee.
Are you an atheist in DCU? Click here
anadub25

Re: DCU Society

Post by anadub25 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:52 pm

Hey best of luck with it! What steps did you have to take? I had hoped to start one at my college but i just havent enough time with work as well. I put plenty of AI posters up though, that counts doesnt it?
"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis."

- Sigmund Freud -
thusspakeblixa

Post by thusspakeblixa » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:47 pm

anadub25 wrote:Hey best of luck with it! What steps did you have to take? I had hoped to start one at my college but i just havent enough time with work as well. I put plenty of AI posters up though, that counts doesnt it?
Well so far we're collecting signatures (we need 20), setting up an interim committee for the society, drawing up a constitution and on Thursday I will meet with the Clubs & Socs officer to hopefully push us along the road to society status.
My idea for the name is DCU SASH - Secularists, Atheists, Skeptics and Humanists.
Are you an atheist in DCU? Click here
Smooshmonster

Post by Smooshmonster » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:15 pm

So, what became of this two years on? Do we have an atheist society in DCU? I'd love to join if there is.