How many Atheist Socs are there?

NovasBeagle
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

How many Atheist Socs are there?

Post by NovasBeagle » Tue May 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Hello folks,
I'm from the National College of Art and Design. Next year I hope to establish a Atheist Society in the college to help support the growing Atheist movement in Ireland. I was wondering how many Atheist socs there are in Ireland and how many are looking to be established next academic year?
HylandPaddy

Re: How many Atheist Socs are there?

Post by HylandPaddy » Wed May 19, 2010 9:19 am

I don't know if any new ones are being set up but there are a few already out there. The ones I know of are the UCC Atheists, the UCD Secular Humanist Society and the NUIG Rationalists. Good luck and be sure to get in contact with the other atheist societies when you get set up, because they try to work together and they might throw a speaker your way or something.

EDIT: Rationalists, not Rationists!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-Carl Sagan
dugges
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: How many Atheist Socs are there?

Post by dugges » Wed May 19, 2010 9:26 am

You might want to edit again there paddy, I think the NUIG gang call themselves Skeptic Soc these days :wink:

@Novasbeagle Best of luck in setting up your Atheist Soc, hopefully more get set up around the country as time goes on. We're missing societies in all the IT's, so that's one place to start building
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
Douglas Adams