Blasphemy!!

Discuss Irish and International politics
Rev j.jones
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by Rev j.jones » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:40 pm

if your not into video read this, I think you'll recognise a couple of signatories
http://drinkingfromhome.blogspot.com/20 ... anism.html
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
Rev j.jones
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by Rev j.jones » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:09 pm

this is an article in the Irish independant where the ottoman's came to Ireland and stole the village of baltimore.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analy ... 76283.html
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:02 pm
Location: Baile Átha Cliath

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by Bik » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Rev j.jones wrote:this is an article in the Irish independant where the ottoman's came to Ireland and stole the village of baltimore.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analy ... 76283.html
I had read of that before but as terrible as it must have been for the poor villagers involved a worse fate was to befall Ireland a few years later when the equally fundamentalist Cromwell descended on the country with his hordes.
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by chemicals » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:20 pm

:but as always thick fucking paddy knows better
lovely just lovely rev - using language like that will win a lot of Irish people over to your point of view. Charming
والقس هو مجنون
Rev j.jones
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by Rev j.jones » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Bik wrote:I had read of that before but as terrible as it must have been for the poor villagers involved a worse fate was to befall Ireland a few years later when the equally fundamentalist Cromwell descended on the country with his hordes.
cromwell came here to conquer, isalm used its book to justify a salve raid on Ireland, the two things are not for comparison.
chemicals wrote:ovely just lovely rev - using language like that will win a lot of Irish people over to your point of view. Charming
I can see why the thick paddies would have difficulty with this point of view, unfortunate incompatibility.
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by Feardorcha » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:14 pm

there is no such thing a fundamentalist atheisim
I think Jones's intemperate outbursts and sweeping assertions may make him just that.
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by chemicals » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:45 am

Rev j.jones wrote:I can see why the thick paddies would have difficulty with this point of view, unfortunate incompatibility.
lovely mature logical reasoned argument .
والقس هو مجنون
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:02 pm
Location: Baile Átha Cliath

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by Bik » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Rev j.jones wrote:
Bik wrote:I had read of that before but as terrible as it must have been for the poor villagers involved a worse fate was to befall Ireland a few years later when the equally fundamentalist Cromwell descended on the country with his hordes.
cromwell came here to conquer, isalm used its book to justify a salve raid on Ireland, the two things are not for comparison.
.
Cromwell was motivated by his rapid anti-Catholicism based on fundamental adherence to his book, which no doubt he also felt justified his actions. Therefore I think they are comparable.
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by Feardorcha » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Trying to reason with Rev 'Thick Paddies' Jones is futile.
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by chemicals » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Feardorcha wrote:Trying to reason with Rev 'Thick Paddies' Jones is futile.
very true ! you hit the nail on the head there I suspect :D
والقس هو مجنون
Post Reply