Blasphemy!!

Discuss Irish and International politics
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Blasphemy!!

Post by Feardorcha » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:47 am

...and, it just occurs to me, you could give it a little mythical animal like those funny creatures in the Book of Kells et al - maybe along the left shank of the letter?
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:29 am

Alexis wrote:So are you an athiest artist, or just an artist? Seriously, I just wanna know if you're an artist, regardless...

PS. I like your avatar too :)
Quilty on both counts yer honour :oops: !
والقس هو مجنون
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:30 am

Feardorcha wrote:...and, it just occurs to me, you could give it a little mythical animal like those funny creatures in the Book of Kells et al - maybe along the left shank of the letter?
It might be possible :D
والقس هو مجنون
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:41 am

Feardorcha wrote:At the risk of creating a schism, I think Chemical's A is better than the one we borrowed from the neighbours.
oooh :D *chuffed*
Its Celtic overtones, in a small way, allay the alien stigma of Atheism. Can we change our logo? This one I would wear on a T-shirt, weather permitting.
The fact that the script comes from the old celtic christian church adds a nice bit of ironry I reckon .
والقس هو مجنون
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 pm

chemicals wrote:
Feardorcha wrote:At the risk of creating a schism, I think Chemical's A is better than the one we borrowed from the neighbours.
oooh :D *chuffed*
Its Celtic overtones, in a small way, allay the alien stigma of Atheism. Can we change our logo? This one I would wear on a T-shirt, weather permitting.
The fact that the script comes from the old celtic christian church adds a nice bit of ironry I reckon .
I think I will use the "chemicals" A rather than the scarlet A from now on, for every use I will contridute a euro to Atheist Ireland. :lol:
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
dugges
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by dugges » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Its Celtic overtones, in a small way, allay the alien stigma of Atheism. Can we change our logo?
This one I would wear on a T-shirt, weather permitting.
A few new logo ideas submitted, even the one used by Chemicals is already in the mix. I think it should be put to a poll for the members to vote on the final version, once a short list has been decided.

Some could definitely work as a logo, others are good for t-shirts
Attachments
Logo Ideaxxx.png
A few submissions
Logo Ideaxxx.png (138.79 KiB) Viewed 3377 times
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
Douglas Adams
Rev j.jones

Post by Rev j.jones » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Bik wrote:I guess that Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, founder of the global Minhaj-ul-Quran movement isn't a true islamic believer either? :D

http://breakingnews.ie/world/muslim-lea ... 48302.html
crossreference this please
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
Rev j.jones

Post by Rev j.jones » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:56 am

I got permission to tell this wee "Tale O' Blasbury" .

I was at a 1 year mass for friend of mine, A beautifull stone had been built since and in a place Poets have dreamt of we celebrated traditionally first, then...

An elder son, a Gentleman and a Wican had earlier been Diagnosed with a red flag disease, with the next 3 surgeries to take palce in a very short space of time, and soon.

He loosed his impressive locks,and with his permanant beard, I thought we were going to have to reset the B.C. / A.D / C.E clocks.

He picked up the stout Oak interim cross, dragging it across his shoulder toward the newly pebbeled Grave his brother began to mock whip him and beigh, when they reached the grave side, the brother began to fling pebbeles and mock whip, we beighed, He stumbeled to the imaculate surface but rose again, and carried the burden across the grave again most the while being mock whiped by his pebbel pelting brother.

I say most the while, the pelter paused the whipping momentarilly as the crowd frenzied, when his elder brother was spreadeagle on the grave, the crowd was not pleased, beighing whip him whip him pointing at the ground, the whiping and pelting resumed with vigour much to the delight of those Assembeled for this christian ceremony.

I did cry, I think I may have pee'd a little too, this all happened recently but today I asked permission to post it, He wanted people to know that he was born on an easter saturday the only day jesus was certainly dead.

This alternative ceremony was not rehearsed, it was totally spontaneous, as was the paticipation.

Happy chocolate days.
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:21 am

In which head shop do you get your stuff?
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:29 am

Feardorcha wrote:In which head shop do you get your stuff?
+1
والقس هو مجنون