David Norris for Irish President

Discuss Irish and International politics
bipedalhumanoid

Re: David Norris for Irish President

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:53 am

tony wrote:What an asshole Finian McGrath. He withdraws his support for a senator of immense standing who looked for clemency for someone convicted of statutory rape and then gives his backing to a former terrorist with blood on his hands.What a hypocrite.
I couldn't agree more :(
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:55 pm

I see Dana has declared her intention to run for President. I hate her. She's a big poopy-head.
Dr Raskolnikov
Location: "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:33 am

Feardorcha wrote:I see Dana has declared her intention to run for President. I hate her. She's a big poopy-head.
"All kinds... of everything... remind me of poo(py head)".
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
tony

Post by tony » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm afraid Micheál Martin is a bit of a poopy-head himself after today.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 81506.html
Today Mr Ó Cuív and Mr Martin were at one over the decision not to allow the party’s 33 TDs and Senators to back any candidate.
GT
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by GT » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:56 pm

Interesting post by a Norris supporter on FB....

Francis Timmons
What a week i got told to fuck ‘’off’’ and ‘’stay with your pervert buddies’’ by a catholic priest in relation to my support for David Norris . Christians? don’t get me started everyone is entitled to their views but not to state the facts in a manner that only suits their beliefs , I should be shocked by a priest telling me to ''fuck off'' and by being called a ''perv'' but good catholic Ireland the land of Bigots is still alive and well... Let the people decide via the ballot paper...
Regards,

GT

Faith is following someone else's lies.
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Bik » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:15 am

There are already enough loons in the Presidential race without adding Dana or Norris.
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Bik wrote:There are already enough loons in the Presidential race without adding Dana or Norris.
Yeah screw democracy.
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Bik » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:40 pm

bipedalhumanoid wrote:
Bik wrote:There are already enough loons in the Presidential race without adding Dana or Norris.
Yeah screw democracy.
FFS :roll:

Ok, why not have a free for all and allow every gobshite in the country to run? That'll show respect to the post of President.
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
aiseiri47
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aiseiri47 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:03 pm

Ok, why not have a free for all and allow every gobshite in the country to run? That'll show respect to the post of President.
Not really on anyone's side here, but as someone who's spent more of their life outside Ireland than in it, may I ask why we show respect for a position where the main job is to show up at events and cut ribbons, yet they get about paid the same as the President of the United States, who is - you know - a real president. (when you tot up base salary and expenses; the US president has a much tighter expense allowance. Though, I suppose with all those free peanuts he gets on AF1, I'm being unfair...)
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 pm

In a real democracy there should be a box for 'none of the above' if this vote then was higher than any other canidate, then a re-election with new candidates.

If it is a people's vote, it should be the people that put the candidates forward not local TD's putting one of their own forward, or just pretty much free for all 1st round, and top 5 into 2nd round.

Jedward could even enter, maybe could even make it into a TV-show 'The P-factor'