Discuss Irish and International politics
peter63
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Your Political Compass

Post by peter63 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:48 am

pcgraphpng.php.png
pcgraphpng.php.png (2.73 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
Never taken the test before but I know that I have become slightly more authoritarian over the years.
davidegallazzi wrote:I have found the Italian version in the meantime. No real change from the results with the Irish version...

How is it going with your new TV career? :)
Davide, can you provide a link to the italian version, please?
“God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed” Luis Buñuel. Quoted in The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:41 am

davidegallazzi wrote:I have found the Italian version in the meantime. No real change from the results with the Irish version...

RTE Primetime interview today!
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Bik » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:56 am

Tulip1 wrote:

Wow, you'll have to consider getting an agent soon. I hear Max Clifford is pretty good, though that'll mean you'll probably have to take your shirt off for some womens magazine to garner more publicity :D
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
davidegallazzi

Post by davidegallazzi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:12 am

Tulip1 wrote:

Wow, well done! When is it going to be on air?
Do we have to start to call you Sir and bow when we see you, or just crawling in the mud will suffice? :)
davidegallazzi

Post by davidegallazzi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:17 am

peter63 wrote:
pcgraphpng.php.png
Never taken the test before but I know that I have become slightly more authoritarian over the years.

Davide, can you provide a link to the italian version, please?
Peter,

here it is. It is all in Italian, obviously, but I guess you can get over that hurdle. If you have problems with the language let me now. The easier way is to get me on facebook.

P.S. I forgot to paste the link :oops: http://www.voisietequi.it/iosonoqui/7abd79e4.html

It appears to have been formatted in a somewhat different way, but the substance is the same. You can also see where you stand in comparison to Italian parties at the last general elections (2008).
Last edited by davidegallazzi on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Hemingway » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Here is where I stand..........

Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03

Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
Dev
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Dev » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:31 pm

For the Irish 2011 General Election:

oldrnwisr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by oldrnwisr » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

I guess that puts me in Green Party territory. Craaaap!

I'd be willing to bet though that almost everyone here disagreed strongly with everything on page 5.
"Science doesn't know everything. Religion doesn't know anything." AronRa - WAC 2011
Ter
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ter » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:17 am

Ygern wrote:So far we can say that we seem to vary a fair bit in their economic opinions but we are all anti-authoritarian.
I wonder if this is the case for all atheists or disbelievers?
I think it might be, certainly anyone brought up in a religious family will have to have cast aside the authority or family, community and "mother church". Interesting thought though, worth investigating further.

Although considering the ammount of left leaning members of the forum, we'll all be called "commies".
artyfarty

Post by artyfarty » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Thats me in bed with the Green's again. I voted for them last time and I wasn't happy :(
A little boy prayed for a bike. Then he realised God doesn't work that way so he stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Carl Sagan - The Pale Blue Dot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M