Your Political Compass

Discuss Irish and International politics
munsterdevil

Re: Your Political Compass

Post by munsterdevil » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:08 pm

For some reason the image won't show, even though I know I'm doing everything right, but anyway I'm:
Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
Apparently I'm very like Gandhi, even though he claimed that a person only needed to have sex four times in their entire lives :(

But I agree with a few of the previous comments about there being a lack of "neutral" options, and how important is this question to you metre.
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
Dev
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Dev » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Your link doesn't have a image extension munster you need to save image locally or take the images URL and not the display page and re-host it.
Last edited by Dev on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:28 am

Thank you Dev
Attachments
pcgraphpng.php.png
pcgraphpng.php.png (2.7 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:53 pm

I'm still kind of intrigued by the red block. It seems to me that leftist economic policies rather precludes authoritarian government except in very rare cases.
How they got Robert Mugabe into the section is beyond me. He may have made left-sounding noises as a very young politician; but his regime has been characterised by cronyism, nepotism and extreme personal corruption. He has established an elite inner circle of super-privileged members without making good on any of his social programs that promised to redistribute wealth & property to the people.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Ygern wrote:I'm still kind of intrigued by the red block. It seems to me that leftist economic policies rather precludes authoritarian government except in very rare cases.
I guess it would cover the totalitarian version of communism e.g as practiced in the USSR, i.e. not proper communism. Stalin, Ceausescu, Tito and Kim Jong Il probably belong here. They all espoused leftist ideals, but delivered only totalitarian dictatorship. Maybe that's why Mugabe's there too, for what he says, rather than what he does. But I agree, he seems out of place here.
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
davidegallazzi

Post by davidegallazzi » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Tulip1 wrote:how do you insert picture here, quite funny coz here I'm left wing libertarian and on the dutch one I am center right!! can conclude that your left wing is center right in Holland? what does that make Wilders????
HI Tulip, how did you manage to do it in a Dutch version? I can not see any link to The Netherlands.
It appears to be also very much anglo-saxon based. It would be interesting to have one designed for the Mediterranean countries (and do not start talking about Berlusconi :x )
Scania

Post by Scania » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:54 pm

My results graph as follows :

Quo vadis?
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:08 am

davidegallazzi wrote:
Tulip1 wrote:how do you insert picture here, quite funny coz here I'm left wing libertarian and on the dutch one I am center right!! can conclude that your left wing is center right in Holland? what does that make Wilders????
HI Tulip, how did you manage to do it in a Dutch version? I can not see any link to The Netherlands.
It appears to be also very much anglo-saxon based. It would be interesting to have one designed for the Mediterranean countries (and do not start talking about Berlusconi :x )
We have one that states which parties fit your opinion best but it is all in dutch.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
davidegallazzi

Post by davidegallazzi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:17 am

I have found the Italian version in the meantime. No real change from the results with the Irish version...

How is it going with your new TV career? :)
Ter
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ter » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:57 am

Not one Authoritarian yet.