Christian Website against David Norris for President

Discuss Irish and International politics
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Christian Website against David Norris for President

Post by aZerogodist » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:42 pm

First glance the site looks pro-Norris, but it has that tint of creationist-fundies with every sentence ending with a ?, saying one thing and then attackting it, and then links to bible quotes, also no mention about the what David has done for Ireland, only one topic.
I don't know if objecting to this group "campaignforconscience" could be done, I think it has crossed the line, but if David Norris is running for president, these fudies where sure to come out with their words of hate, therefore in the end maybe these sites may sway the moderate christians more to Mr.Norris.

http://www.davidnorris4president.com/index.html
created by:
http://www.campaignforconscience.org/
note: each site has 4 in it bit like that other Irish fundie site, prob the same bunch.
Last edited by aZerogodist on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Christian Website against David Norris for President

Post by chemicals » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:57 pm

This bits a bit of a giveaway really :roll:
Note: This website is not endorsed or produced by David Norris. Furthermore Campaign for Conscience does not endorse David Norris for President
والقس هو مجنون
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Had a look at that link
http://www.campaignforconscience.org/

found this beauty
However, it appears that the gay lobby have an amazing amount of something else too: hate. Vocal, vilifying and vicious hatred for anyone who opposes their agenda.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black arse !! :shock:
والقس هو مجنون
funkyderek

Post by funkyderek » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:03 pm

The creator of this website, Enoch Burke, apparently belongs to Ireland's answer to the Phelps family.
A third [protest outside Leinster House] – which today involves about six young folk and a couple of older people, airing big placards and implacable certainty – has been running since March. A glimpse at the placards – bearing such messages as “Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination. Leviticus 18:22” – sends a pony-tailed passer-by into a frenzy. He rushes back and forth in front of the group, yelling repeatedly: “Off the streets, Nazi scum!” The protesters stare ahead. Gardaí leave the man to make his own distressed protest until he veers into the traffic. Then they lead him away.

The placard holders are members of one big family. When challenged by a pinstriped cyclist, 21-year-old Enoch Burke takes him on. “Well, where does Aids begin?” asks Enoch, following up with HIV figures from St James’s Hospital, to “prove” that homosexuals started it. “God help you,” says the cyclist mournfully. Enoch, who declined a place in medicine at University College Galway, is one of 10 children – all with biblical names – of Sean and Martina Burke from Castlebar, Co Mayo.

His brother Isaac is in third-year science in Galway. Esther is working for her HDip. Ammi hopes to study languages. The family belong to no particular sect. “We’re just a Christian church,” says Martina.

How do she and Sean find the time to support their large family and stand all day outside Leinster House? Sean, she says, was a qualified electrician, “and does a lot of different things now”. Martina, a qualified secondary teacher, “still does private tuition” for exam students. “Of course there are a thousand other things we could be doing. I could cry coming up,” she says, “but there’s a lot of unrest in the country, and the politicians are not representing the people.”

The Bible sustains them on the three- to four-hour drive from Castlebar two or three days a week, before they stand tall with their placards for up to nine hours a day.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/wee ... 00543.html
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image Image Image Image
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Hemingway » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:51 pm

It is a tacky website that portrays stereotypes about homosexuals and tries to assign the stereotypical attributes to Norris. It doesn’t even have references to some of the "Stats" it refers to. No one with common sense will take them seriously.
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
HylandPaddy

Post by HylandPaddy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:57 am

Furthermore, statistics also show that there are very high rates of sexual promiscuity among the homosexual population, with many of them having up to ten thousand partners in a lifetime.
Now I don't know if they're taking the piss or not.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-Carl Sagan
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:20 am

HylandPaddy wrote:
Furthermore, statistics also show that there are very high rates of sexual promiscuity among the homosexual population, with many of them having up to ten thousand partners in a lifetime.
Now I don't know if they're taking the piss or not.
That is 161 partners a year!!! If you start having gay sex at 13 and keep doing it till you are 75.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Hemingway » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Tulip1 wrote: That is 161 partners a year!!! If you start having gay sex at 13 and keep doing it till you are 75.
Ha ha...... I am worn out even thinking about it! I think most people would be deceased from the effects of the post-sex ciggy by their early 30's.
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:13 pm

Why oh why are these people so obsessed with sex. It's really amazing! i had a cusory glace at the site and the three main headings are 'Who is David Norris?' With a long quote from him on prostitution. 'How David Lives - Is a gay president ok' and 'what David believes - Interviews on sex'.

How can what consenting adults do behind closed doors be of so much interest to people. I can't get my head around it. And why this issue in particular. There's loads of wierd and wnderful things ordinary people do that contravenes the Bible. I just don't get it. How can what David Norris does with his willy affect his ability to perform the duties of President??

I'm genuinely asking. Do peopel know why? Is it because the Church is so repressive when it comes to sex that it's always on their minds?