Brian Lenihan has died.

Discuss Irish and International politics
Dev
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Brian Lenihan has died.

Post by Dev » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Shame as he was one of the better FFers.

Poor fella - sorry to see him gone, he made some great contributions to Irish politics.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing18.html
bipedalhumanoid

Re: Brian Lenihan has died.

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:04 pm

I found his work ethic, sense of responsibility, courage and unwillingness to give up in the face of adversity incredibly inspiring.

No one would have thought worse of the man had he left politics when he was diagnosed or at any point since then, but he just kept going. He was also the fist FFer to apologise for the state his party left the country in. I think this shows integrity in the face of a culture of corruption, denial of responsibility and bullying.
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
tony

Post by tony » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:30 pm

I think this is very sad news. He was a formidable politician.
Stublore

Post by Stublore » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:36 am

A bit late, but good!
This fucker was in charge and is in a large part responsible for the financial mess we are in now.
I don't care if "he was a nice guy", as a politician he was an abysmal failure, either through incompetence or greed his legacy will remain with us for a very long painful time.