Enda Kenny is not backing down!

Discuss Irish and International politics
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Enda Kenny is not backing down!

Post by Tulip1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Enda Kenny is not backing down!

Post by aZerogodist » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:04 pm

The other day I saw Mr.DQ on RTE news about the Vatican letter, I think a priest or Bishop also had a say, a tad of impartial reporting.

Enda is 100% in the right, and this is just another attempt of the normal vatican sidestepping, shifting blame.

IMO Edna's speach is already a historical reference, for Ireland up there with the JFK-moon speach and Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speach.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Mabye they could of come up with a better title's than
It’s Church V State as Kenny refuses to back down
Like:
Vatican response to Enda "he's a very naughty boy"
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:14 am

Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:11 pm

The tune that crosses my mind is Tom Petty's ''I won't back down, no I won't back down''

Hopefully some other countries will also make a stand against Vatican interferrence of their state.
http://www.atheistalliance.org/news-a-a ... -adoptions
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:04 pm

News Poll
What do you think of the Vatican's response to the Cloyne Report?

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/#ixzz1XYBJWBvw
Well seems like over 85% is with Enda
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:28 am

Taoiseach Enda Kenny: Cloyne Report:

I was very touched by the Taoiseach's speech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo5MXrqbDeA

I have been following the disgusting treatment of the Irish people by the "Holy" Roman Catholic Church for a while now. To hear Mr. Kenny, a Roman Catholic having to deliver a speech like that shows how heartless the CCl and especially the Holy See is in regard to the matter of paedophilia.

The situation in my country, Australia is just as serious for the Roman Catholic Church. It is run by the "Archbishop from Hell" George Cardinal 'Go to Hell' Pell, Cardinal Archbishop of Sydney.He is as bad as the hierarchy in Ireland. He gets strong support from the Archbishop of Melbourne. Denis Hart. I knew him at Xavier College, the Jesuit "Concentration Camp" where I suffered 12 years of my youth. He was an Arsehole there and an Arsehole to me at St. Patricks Cathedral, Melbourne where he was Master of Ceremonies. I was on the Parish Council, a collector at the 11:00 am Sunday Solemn High Mass and I was a relieving organist. Hart refuses to do anything to help victims of Paedophilia in the Melbourne Archdioceses.
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
paolovf
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by paolovf » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:40 pm

eccles wrote:Taoiseach Enda Kenny: Cloyne Report:

I have been following the disgusting treatment of the Irish people by the "Holy" Roman Catholic Church for a while now. To hear Mr. Kenny, a Roman Catholic having to deliver a speech like that shows how heartless the CCl and especially the Holy See is in regard to the matter of paedophilia.
Agreed. It was a very powerful speech and one that should have been made long ago, but former Taoisigh never did. My estimation of Enda Kenny soared after hearing this speech and I think it sent strong shock waves out to those representing the Roman Catholic Church.

At the end of the day we cannot stand for this sort of disgusting behaviour and he stood up against it, it was an inspiring moment.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:10 am

eccles wrote:Taoiseach Enda Kenny: Cloyne Report:

The situation in my country, Australia is just as serious for the Roman Catholic Church. It is run by the "Archbishop from Hell" George Cardinal 'Go to Hell' Pell, Cardinal Archbishop of Sydney.He is as bad as the hierarchy in Ireland. He gets strong support from the Archbishop of Melbourne. Denis Hart. I knew him at Xavier College, the Jesuit "Concentration Camp" where I suffered 12 years of my youth. He was an Arsehole there and an Arsehole to me at St. Patricks Cathedral, Melbourne where he was Master of Ceremonies. I was on the Parish Council, a collector at the 11:00 am Sunday Solemn High Mass and I was a relieving organist. Hart refuses to do anything to help victims of Paedophilia in the Melbourne Archdioceses.
:idea: Forget the bailout, Ireland could lease Enda out to Aus for only €40bn ???

I have read what's been going on in Australia, the last one something about some church selling children for adoption?