Good old SSPX

Issues relating to promoting a secular state education and raising children in a non-religious home
Dr Raskolnikov
Location: "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Good old SSPX

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:35 am

It's good to know that the SSPX can be relied upon to provide succour for the grieving relatives of the deceased. Cremation is wrong, burial is the only way to ensure you have a body when you get reincorporated at the last judgement!
According to the Catholic Faith, death is a sanction inflicted by God to punish sin. “Thou art dust, and unto dust thou shalt return.” Man must humbly recognize that God is the master of all things, and submit to the sentence. God in His wisdom imposes this chastisement; man in humility and trust must bow to this return to dust. By inhumation, this sentence is carried out as God wills it: man suffers in his body the return to dust. By cremation, on the contrary, the deceased orders that his body become not dust, but ashes. It is he, himself, who imposes this destruction, not God. He does not bow, he commands. Whether one will or no, this manner of acting leads to the thought that man does not undergo the sentence imposed by God; he escapes God’s authority and the duty to submit to Him.
Of course it's all down to the Freemasons and the French revolution. :twisted:
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Good old SSPX

Post by chemicals » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:41 pm

how/why do people believe such cringe worthy rubbish ? :cry:
والقس هو مجنون
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:12 pm

I know the JWs need a body to rise out of their grave, but xians?
funkyderek

Post by funkyderek » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:23 pm

aZerogodist wrote:I know the JWs need a body to rise out of their grave
Actually, they don't. While they believe in bodily resurrection, they don't believe the original body is required. In practice, they often choose cremation, largely due to the fact that many cemeteries are church-owned and/or dominated by religious symbols. There's also possibly an element of wanting to avoid any appearance of idolatry or ancestor-worship associated with having a monument to the dead.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image Image Image Image
NorthOfTheBorder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by NorthOfTheBorder » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Cool. I always intended to be cremated once I'm dead because I never liked the idea of leaving a grave behind and thus leaving my descendants feeling obliged to tend it/mope over it (can you tell I hated cemetery sundays as a child?). But it's also considered a means of flipping the big kahuna the finger even in death? Where do I sign? :D
“I can live with doubt, and uncertainty, and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong”

Richard Feynman on doubt,uncertainty and religion
aiseiri47
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aiseiri47 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:24 pm

I'm in trouble, so - not only do I plan on being cremated (I'm sorry, having someone dress me up and do my make up when I'm dead, the putting me in an expensive box is ridiculous), but if I get to the stage where I physically take care of my self, I want my family to send me not to a nursing home, but to a country where I can legally be euthanised.

I guess the cremation will be good practise for hell.