A friendship that crossed a boundary line

Issues relating to promoting a secular state education and raising children in a non-religious home
tony

A friendship that crossed a boundary line

Post by tony » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:25 pm

"A friendship that crossed a boundary line". This is the description Bishop of Clonfert, Bishop John Kirby, gives to his view on the activity of pedophile priests under his control. Understandably people are outraged by this comment but this will blow over and nothing will change. What is not being discussed in the media is that this guy is in charge of most of the primary and secondary schools in his diocese. Does anyone know roughly how many schools there are and how many children would come under his patronage?
“You can put it down as gross innocence and naivety. I literally thought if I separated the priest and the youngster, that it was a friendship that crossed boundary line and I literally thought if I separated them I'd have solved the problem.

“I was not aware that that youngster was part of a group and that there were people before him and that there were people after them,” he added.
http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 20866.html