Grúpaí Aindiachaithe le Gaeilge

Please give this a quick read
eoinomurchu

Grúpaí Aindiachaithe le Gaeilge

Post by eoinomurchu » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:36 pm

A chairde, bhfuil aon eolas ag daoine ar ghrúpa aindiachaithe le Gaeilge nó rud éigin ar an gcaoi sin? Bheadh spéis agam páirt a ghlacadh ina leithéid. Tá fáil fhorleathan ar sheirbhísí reiligiúnda as Gaeilge ach go bhfios dom níl aon rud ar fáil dóibh siúd gan chreideamh. An bhfuil a fhios ag daoine fiú an raibh a leithéid ann cheana nó an mbaadh suim ag daoine ann?

Míle buíochas.
mkaobrih

Re: Grúpaí Aindiachaithe le Gaeilge

Post by mkaobrih » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Zero idea what your asking about. If you want people to respond I suggest you translate.
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:24 am

he allegedly wants to know if people are interested in an atheist Irish speaking group :roll:
والقس هو مجنون
Dr Raskolnikov
Location: "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:31 am

chemicals wrote:he allegedly wants to know if people are interested in an atheist Irish speaking group :roll:
A bit pointless - why pick a zombie language to converse in? I'm sure most people would rather debate in a language that isn't exclusive to a limited group of elitists.
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:02 am

Dr Raskolnikov wrote: A bit pointless - why pick a zombie language to converse in? I'm sure most people would rather debate in a language that isn't exclusive to a limited group of elitists.
Not sure on that, I know people who talk to each other in Irish and they're not 'elitists'.
I just doubt there's enough Irish-speaking-atheists who would converse in Irish, it's a double minority group, a minority of a minority. I can't, I can just about manage English with the aid of a dictionary, -5 times just writing this, math is more my kinda language but lets see if we get an Irish reply, if that fails we could always try Klingon.
eoinomurchu

Post by eoinomurchu » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:59 am

Ó níor thaitin sin leis na firéin mórán, pé scéal tá aithne agus eolas agam ar chuid mhaith daoine gan chreideamh ach gur Gaeil iad (mar léiriú ar chuardach twitter ansin- https://twitter.com/#!/SeanOBriain agus https://twitter.com/#!/weskos . Ní raibh sibh ró-chabhrach (rud nach gá ar ndóigh) ach shamhlófá go mbeadh sibh ag iarraidh aindiachas a spreagadh. Níl ann ach go mairim tríd an teanga seo ar an gcuid is mó, is go raibh mé ag iarraidh plé le daoine eile tríthi. Is duine mé atá sna fichidí ag cur faoi i mBÁC, b'fhéidir gur 'éilite' atá ann, rud nach gcreidim, ach ní bhúr n-eilite, is léir!
MichaelNugent
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by MichaelNugent » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Eoin,

If you are trying to set up an atheist group for Irish speakers, we would be glad to help you.

Can I suggest that - in this forum - it would be helpful if you also translate your suggestions into English, so that those of us who don't speak Irish can discuss your ideas with any bilingual friends that we may have.
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Right ill have a stab at it! :?

"he knows people with Irish who have no faith ....we are not being to helpful ....he thought we might be more encouraging..... hes a lad in his twenties looking for an "elite"??.. he hoped might exist ...bah blah etc "

why he cant fuck**g type all this in "the language of the majority" as he calls it is anyone guess
والقس هو مجنون
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 pm

As a foreigner I have no idea what you wrote and I think that keeping Irish alive is a good thing. I am not sure why you want to mix that with atheism as I can not understand your post.

Being Dutch myself I always found it important that when there is a message to be brought over to do it in a language everyone understands. We (the Dutch) will always issue things in multi languages.

But I totally understand if you would start a Irish speaking group to meet up and moan about religion.

I feel a bit excluded by the post in Irish though as it sounds like only Irish people are welcome. I really would like to learn Irish as I love to know the meaning of place names etc. and my son is learning it at school so I start to pick up some words.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:46 pm

I've been thinking about this, maybe it would be a good idea to have an Irish information page on the main site, we are suppose to be a local voice for atheism in Ireland, but we would need someone who is fluent to do it (Eion?)

Another thing to consider is we have often had media airtime, but have overlooked RnG & TnG, it is a target audience that shouldn't be ignored.

-Sorry off topic but another thing we have overlooked is for example say a German radio station brings up the topic of Irelands Blasphemy Law, maybe it would be usefull to have someone who could talk about it in their language. At least when some of our ministers met EU dignitaries they could have something fun to talk about