Kent Hovind's doctoral Thesis leaked!!!!!

Discussions and related news items
dugges
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Kent Hovind's doctoral Thesis leaked!!!!!

Post by dugges » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:50 pm

This has to be the highlight of the year!!!! The elusive document can be found here

http://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/Young-ear ... ssertation

The First line of the introduction is pricelless > "Hello, my name is Kent Hovind"
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
Douglas Adams
IrishAndroid
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Kent Hovind's doctoral Thesis leaked!!!!!

Post by IrishAndroid » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 pm

There is no way that document can be real! :D A leaving cert pupil wouldn't get away with the unprofessional style and terrible grammar present in it.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:04 pm

dugges wrote:This has to be the highlight of the year!!!! The elusive document can be found here

http://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/Young-ear ... ssertation

The First line of the introduction is pricelless > "Hello, my name is Kent Hovind"

There is a problem with that link. They want to raid your wallet. Here is the link directly to the PDF file. http://88.80.16.63/leak/kent-hovind-doc ... tation.pdf
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:56 pm

I am reading Hovind's thesis. It is the second worst peace of shit next to the bible. His English is so poor, he would fail any English exam in Primary School.

His knowledge of Science history is atrocious. He claims Galileo invented the telescope.

Based only on uncertain descriptions of the first practical telescope, invented by Hans Lippershey in the Netherlands in 1608, Galileo, in the following year, made a telescope with about 3x magnification. He later made others with up to about 30x magnification.

The only Astronomical discovery Hovind credits Galileo with is that the Moon was cratered not smooth. He does not mention more important discoveries:

Galileo's 1610 The Starry Messenger (Sidereus Nuncius) was the first scientific treatise to be published based on observations made through a telescope. It reported his discoveries of:

the Galilean moons;
the roughness of the Moon's surface;
the existence of a large number of stars invisible to the naked eye, particularly those responsible for the appearance of the Milky Way; and
differences between the appearances of the planets and those of the fixed stars—the former appearing as small discs, while the latter appeared as unmagnified points of light.

If Hovind's 'thesis' had have been served up to any legitimate, accredited University he would have failed dismally.

There is only one place for such shit:

em hotep

eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:27 am

I finnished reading that piece of Bullshit.

Hovind's last "Pearl of Wisdom" is:

EVOLUTION IS A RELIGION
em hotep

TheKitch2

Post by TheKitch2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:10 am

Why is there such surprise about the quality of Hovinds Thesis. Has anyone seen some of the absolute rubbish he's come out with?

The fact that ANYONE calls him "Dr" Kent Hovind is an absolute smack in the face to the many people who achieved and are working to obtain REAL doctorates.
Prayer: How to do nothing and still think you're helping.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:14 am

Click on any of those links to the "Thesis" and what do you get?

The webpage cannot be found

Wonder why.
em hotep

peter63
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by peter63 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:56 pm

From wikipedia:
Due to financial constraints, the site has currently suspended all operations other than submission of material and Wikileaks has blocked online access to records that were previously published.[3] Wikileaks says it will resume full operation once the operational costs have been covered
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikileaks

http://www.wikileaks.org/
To concentrate on raising the funds necessary to keep us alive into 2010, we have reluctantly suspended all other operations, but will be back soon.
“God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed” Luis Buñuel. Quoted in The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:21 am

I SEE. MMM
em hotep

Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:52 am

There is quite a large portion of it posted here: http://foo.ca/wp/2009/12/10/kent-hovind ... full-text/

It is really dire stuff, the likes of which would most likely not be acceptable in a leaving cert paper, let alone a doctoral thesis.

A few choice quotes picked out by scobot on reddit:
*"I believe that dinosaurs are not only in the Bible, but they have lived with man all through his six thousand year history"

*"Satan, in the form of a serpent, brought the doctrine of evolution to the Garden of Eden."

*"The next influential character we come to in our tracing of the history of evolution is Benoit de Maillet. He was born in 1656 and died about 1738. He was very anti-Bible and tried to influence anyone he could to not believe the Bible. He was very full of occult ideas. He wrote a book which was his name spelled backward, Telliamed..."

*"I think it is not a coincidence that people who are atheists or evolutionists frequently have a wicked lifestyle or at least a lifestyle against the plain teachings of the Bible."

*"The Colorado River did not form the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon was formed as the flood went down."

*"Evolution is without question a religion. It is a religion of humanism. Either man is the ultimate king of the world, or God is the ultimate king of the world. Humanism is the religion of man being the ultimate."

*"Hitler was an evolutionist and it was the crazy doctrine of evolution that is fundamentally responsible for World War II."

*"The abortion issue really needs to be argued on creation/evolution ground first. The same could be said for many other issues of life like euthanasia, drugs, teen sex, homosexuality, etc."

*"As I was thinking on this subject, I wrote a poem to try to explain this, comparing blind men and atheists. /Two blind men argued well into the night/about the great question, "Is there really sight?"/Said one to the other (and quite fervently)/"There cannot be colors or else we could see!"/(edit: snip 48 lines)/To deny His existence is really absurd./You'll have to believe Him and trust in His Word.

*"God created the plants on day three before He created the sun on day four. If you think plants are going to survive for billions of years without the sun, you need to study more biology. I believe God did that on purpose to make us realize the days of creation were twenty-four hour days...The Day Age Theory is another unnecessary attempt by worried Christians to try to please the evolutionists."

He concludes:

"Why don't we have people writing about kings that lived fifty thousand years ago? Why is it that all of recorded history happened in the last four thousand years? These honest questions deserve an honest answer. I believe we have been lied to about the age of the earth. Satan, the father of all lies, has come up with this one to try to make a fool of Jesus Christ. Jesus said in Matthew 19:4 that the creation of Adam and Eve was the beginning. I believe Jesus was right.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics