Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Hate give this guy publicity but...

Post by Beebub » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:49 am

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:16 am

Irritating pair of letters.
I asked an evolutionist, my friend Conor Lenihan, to launch my book The Origin of Specious Nonsenseas I felt it would show respect for those who hold a different point of view to mine.
Pfft. First time I've heard him claim that. Up to now he said it was 'cause they were buds, man.
We are a modern democracy comprised of people who are entitled to hold and express differing beliefs. PATRICK NEILL
I don't recall anyone saying any different but he's wrong to have said the Minister was 'attending a book launch'. I attended, creationists would've dined out on Lenihan's unintentional endorsement for yonks. At least one yonk anyway.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am

Ciaran wrote:I don't recall anyone saying any different but he's wrong to have said the Minister was 'attending a book launch'. I attended, creationists would've dined out on Lenihan's unintentional endorsement for yonks. At least one yonk anyway.
Indeed. My response hs already been sent ot the ed.
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:39 am

...Lenihan worked as a journalist for 98fm, before becomming a TD, which is owned by Denis O'Brien
There's a profile of Conor Lenihan in the Sunday Times and it says that after 98FM, he was an executive with O'Brien's Esat Digifone.
The plot thickens.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Feardorcha wrote:There's a profile of Conor Lenihan in the Sunday Times and it says that after 98FM, he was an executive with O'Brien's Esat Digifone.
Yep. See five posts above...
Beebub wrote:Lenihan was on Eamon Dunphy's radio show this morning where he said he is a former executive of Esat Digiphone, obviously owned by Denis O'Brien.
Although, in fairness, what 3 individuals do in a private capacity between themselves is really their business, so long as no public funds were used.

O'Brien might just have been helping out an old friend regardless of his beliefs. The cost of the launch, ads and publishing would be chump change to O'Brien.
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Has anyone seen the book? Does it give a publisher's name or a line thanking any foundation for help?
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Feardorcha wrote:Has anyone seen the book? Does it give a publisher's name or a line thanking any foundation for help?
No. But it's on sale in a book shop not too far away. When, I'm next passing I'll have a look.
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:51 pm

I know people who have worked with this guy. Words used to describe him include 'creepy' and 'lunatic'. They suspect that not all of his business activities at the time were exactly above board, to say the least. Don't want to say any more for obvious reasons.
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:02 pm

There just ain't enough smilies in the world for this.

Our man John Joe is "being looked into" by Lennart Nilsson Photography and Albert Bonnier Publishers over his use of 25 of Nilssons photos from A Child is Born without copyright permission. I'm nearly tempted to buy the book now because it looks like it's on the road to being a limited edition. This is according to Catarina Wahlbeck, picture editor of Scanpix, Nilsson's agent. If I seem like I'm gloating in a childish manner, well, I am. Let's see if the book evolves into several rolls of toilet paper or some bags to carry proper books in.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Oh this just gets better and better.

Have you a link to that story Ciaran?