Bye Bye BIOS

Discussions and related news items
GazUtd
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Bye Bye BIOS

Post by GazUtd » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 am

bipedalhumanoid wrote:
GazUtd wrote:The day a computer loads in seconds is the day I start believing in God.
Is that why all the Linux people are such hippies?

Oh man my pc loads in seconds... freaky. :shock:

I said believe in God. If I'd have thought about Linux I'd have said believe in the devil!
Humans are an intelligent species. We just aren't smart enough to realise how stupid we are.

Wouldn't life be great if the 8 hours spent in bed were as long as the 8 hours spent in work.
IrishAndroid
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by IrishAndroid » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:29 pm

InstantOn uses linux and special mainboards for almost instantaneous browsing.
xPUD, boots in under 10 seconds to Firefox, under 5 seconds on some netbooks. (Poor XP)
Ubuntu on my 4 year old laptop gets me from OS selection screen (grub) to a login in under 35s and after that to a firefox in about 5s....
GazUtd
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by GazUtd » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:37 pm

IrishAndroid wrote:InstantOn uses linux and special mainboards for almost instantaneous browsing.
xPUD, boots in under 10 seconds to Firefox, under 5 seconds on some netbooks. (Poor XP)
Ubuntu on my 4 year old laptop gets me from OS selection screen (grub) to a login in under 35s and after that to a firefox in about 5s....

Humans are an intelligent species. We just aren't smart enough to realise how stupid we are.

Wouldn't life be great if the 8 hours spent in bed were as long as the 8 hours spent in work.
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:21 pm

A heretic in our midst!

Firefox is the New God that has its competitors for breakfast. Now also available in shiny, cute & awesome

The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:25 am

I use IE because I couldn't be arsed installing another piece of software that does exactly the same thing as a piece of software I already have.
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.