Psychological colour test

Discussions and related news items
GazUtd
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Psychological colour test

Post by GazUtd » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:25 am

Normally I'd be skeptical about stuff like this BUT as someone who has been through years of therapy I am totally amazed at how accurate this is.

http://www.colorquiz.com/?fb=1&ref=nf
Humans are an intelligent species. We just aren't smart enough to realise how stupid we are.

Wouldn't life be great if the 8 hours spent in bed were as long as the 8 hours spent in work.
CatHerder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Psychological colour test

Post by CatHerder » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:35 am

Feels like I've been to a fortune teller. Not that that would happen.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:19 am

Meh..

Lots of it reads like a horoscope; as in many paragraphs are so vague they could apply to a vast multitude of situations and fellings to which people could attach and think that it applies to them.

For example,
Current events have him feeling forced to make bargains and put aside his own desires for now.
Who doesn't make bargains in life and set aside their own desires to some extent. Life is about compromise, be it in work, at home, with family, friends colleagues. There are so many situations the above could apply to, I'd be amazed if anyone didn't agree with it to some extent.

Plus lots of it was wrong!
GazUtd
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by GazUtd » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Beebub wrote:Meh..
Lots of it reads like a horoscope
That was my first thought but when I looked at my results more closely I saw that it didn't. The fact that it got one particular thing correct sold it to me.

Beebub wrote: Plus lots of it was wrong!

Mine was freakily accurate. And not just accurate in the way of "oooh, that sounds like me" but accurate in that I've had a complete psychological evaluation over a number of years and it was pretty much on the money.

It does have a scientific basis and it isn't claiming to be 100% accurate or a diagnostic tool, I thinks it's remarkable though.
Humans are an intelligent species. We just aren't smart enough to realise how stupid we are.

Wouldn't life be great if the 8 hours spent in bed were as long as the 8 hours spent in work.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:13 pm

"Feeling held back and restricted from moving forward, looking for a solution that will give him more freedom and less obstacles."
this counts for every one in lots of situations as well.
"Fears he will be held back from achieving things he really wants, leading him to search endlessly for satisfaction and become involved in activities which are pointless."
:lol: :lol: like doing this test?
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:59 pm

The test is like reading Chinese fortune cookies after the meal. Its full of vague generalisations that are applicable to pretty much every human being on the planet at most times of their life.

I took the test twice, the second time pretty much reversing the colour order of the first time, and the "reading" was just as applicable to me as the first result.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:17 pm

at least it kept us busy for a few minutes!
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
CatHerder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by CatHerder » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:42 pm

anyone feel that there reading was positive on the whole?
or does it appear to be generating generally negative assessments?
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:57 pm

It doesn't take a genius to realise that no-one on the planet is 100% happy about absolutely everything in their life. Everyone has some nagging doubt about something, even if it is a relatively unimportant problem.
It is also a safe bet that someone who chooses black & grey is probably slightly more dissatisfied with life today than those who went for pink.

Essentially this test is an example of how a cold reading works right down to how it actually seems to fit everyone who takes it.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:14 am

I have to admit I always admire cold readers.

I think they have a scale with people and are very clever (in most cases). And making people believe it definitely is!