Women & Woo....this one takes the biscuit.

Discussions and related news items
GT
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Women & Woo....this one takes the biscuit.

Post by GT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:13 am

Missus found this on Rollercoaster.ie a website for expectant mothers...

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/Discussions ... fault.aspx
Regards,

GT

Faith is following someone else's lies.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Women & Woo....this one takes the biscuit.

Post by Tulip1 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:21 am

I will tell her some lies for 50 euro an hour if she wants?
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:37 am

They do say that the total mass of the brain reduces during pregnancy. I just did not ever expect to see such an extreme manifestation of it.
paolovf
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by paolovf » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Her poor Dad has 'Dibetes' - what a diagnosis. Not sure why this reader doesn't just work in a hospital and diagnose thousands of people, saving the highly trained doctors all the training and effort :P

nozzferrahhtoo wrote:They do say that the total mass of the brain reduces during pregnancy. I just did not ever expect to see such an extreme manifestation of it.
She did manage to misspell her own name as Caire instead of Claire!
aiseiri47
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aiseiri47 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Please don't blame "pregnancy brain"! Potentially offended pregnant woman right here! :wink:

I love how the majority of her "predictions" are self-fulfilling.

Also, pregnancy websites are in general not trustworthy. I come across articles, columns, slideshows, etc; all the time that offer genuine medical advice right alongside alternative remedies. Even hospital publications discuss "home birth" options with an open-mind; in fairness, it seems to me they're doing it so they don't alienate home-birthers, and can at least get them to take certain precautions. Just wish they'd try harder to push the advantages of giving birth in a hospital surrounded by medical professionals and medical technology.
Dr Raskolnikov
Location: "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:31 pm

From when my wife was pregnant I've discovered that woo is rife in this arena. I'm normally vocal about pointing out the "what's the harm" fallacy when it comes to the woo lifestyle, e.g. see this site, which is a record of what this harm really is.

Sadly for this poor woman I don't think I would propose saying anything other than "Great, glad this has put your mind at rest." Having experienced the trauma of miscarriage in our own family I know that it can drive you demented, so I wouldn't want to impede anything that relaxes her for the duration of her pregnancy.

If I was her friend I'd want to wait until the child was safely born and then warn her not to take this bullshit seriously! :wink:
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:52 am

When herself was asked if she would consider attending natural childbirth classes, she replied: Yeah, if you'll consider natural dentistry.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Feardorcha wrote:When herself was asked if she would consider attending natural childbirth classes, she replied: Yeah, if you'll consider natural dentistry.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.