Darwin Day

Discussions and related news items
funkyderek

Darwin Day

Post by funkyderek » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:48 pm

I was thinking of going to the Natural History Museum with my family on Darwin Day (12 February). There's a family-friendly tour called "Monkey Business". Anybody interested in coming along? The usual AI social events tend to be adults-only and I thought it would be good for those who can't get to them or don't like the pub environment to have something to do.
Also, we could go to the pub afterwards! :D
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image Image Image Image
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Darwin Day

Post by Tulip1 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:38 pm

funkyderek wrote:I was thinking of going to the Natural History Museum with my family on Darwin Day (12 February). There's a family-friendly tour called "Monkey Business". Anybody interested in coming along? The usual AI social events tend to be adults-only and I thought it would be good for those who can't get to them or don't like the pub environment to have something to do.
Also, we could go to the pub afterwards! :D
I think that is a great idea, I won't be able to make it but I would love to be able to take my children to something like that.

It would be great to go to some AI meeting and be able to bring the whole family.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 am

I like that, especially the child friendly aspect. Unfortunately my kids are visiting their grandparents next weekend so we can't make it, but family days out is a really good idea.
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 am

Did we just appoint Derek as main child friendly event organiser? :wink:
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
funkyderek

Post by funkyderek » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Tulip1 wrote:Did we just appoint Derek as main child friendly event organiser? :wink:
As long as you don't expect me to babysit!

I've created a Facebook page for this event: http://www.facebook.com/events/182893488481488/
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image Image Image Image
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:29 pm

already joined that page and damn I still have to look for a babysitter.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:22 am

Sounds like a great idea Derek. I shall try to bring at least one child along...