Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

General discussions
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by Hemingway » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:50 pm

It seems some of us are the topic of a new thread over on the Irish Catholic website....

http://irishcatholics.proboards.com/ind ... thread=494
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Wow, Hibernicus has already taken something I said here and changed it into something I did not say, namely that I was suggesting Superstitious fool (Michael G) was the same person as Hibernicus.

I am not even over there any more and he is still finding time to misrepresent and lie about what I say. Its just like old times :) *sigh*
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:19 pm

I see that I am mentioned in despatches there. My reply:

You Roman Catholics can't handle the Truth

(Thanks to Jack Nicholson: "A Few Good Men")
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
Logorrhea

Post by Logorrhea » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:15 pm

So there is now a thread over there, monitoring the thread that we have running here that is now talking about the thread they have running over there.

I actually tried to read some of the threads but because of the post deletions most threads make no sense. Reading this thread in particular is a facinating insight.

http://irishcatholics.proboards.com/ind ... 481&page=1
"Being correct is what makes me correct"

Atheist.ie member
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Man must meet many more marry mirror mick threads :lol:

countmeout thread here. . .
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2524

. . .and in irish catholic forum
http://irishcatholics.proboards.com/ind ... thread=488
Regens Küchl

Re:

Post by Regens Küchl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:13 pm

FXR wrote:Since the banning of non believers from Irish Catholic the nutters have come flodding back. Seems they needed the cover of a moderator who would ban anyone who would upset them with logica arguments.

This nut thinks all the evidence for Evolution is a fraud and the Earth is six thousand years old:

http://irishcatholics.proboards56.com/i ... thread=244
FXR wrote:The Vatican: Evolution is fine
http://clericalwhispers.blogspot.com/20 ... -fine.html

I'm barred from their forum but in the case of a Catholic all you have to do is put the Vaticans stance on the subject to them and let them fight the Pope.
On Page 1 of this thread FXR gives some links to some ridiculous irish catholics forum threads, now I checked and said threads seem to be deleted :cry:
Seemingly they checked this thread here, found the links from here to there, and then deleted their own threads, not to be ridiculed :x

Oh - that second link does function now and is not from irish catholics forum :roll:

Yes - here is the second thread that vanished. From some sort of catholic miracle perhaps :?:
FXR wrote:Details from a parnoid mind:

The Pope wearing fur:
http://irishcatholics.proboards56.com/i ... thread=245

He goes from....
As a Catholic who spent 35 years as a mink-farmer I object to propagandathat portrays my career as one of a sadist perpetrating cruelties onanimals,
to wordwide conspiracy by the lunatic fringe of the animal lobby...
these people are all part of a worldwide campaign to stop alluses of animals by mankind no matter the kind.
To whole tribes in the "northern" forests descending into extinction...
Few will know ofthe fate of the indigenous peoples of the northern forests who had to selltheir animal occupied forests for timber and mining when unable to selltheir surplus furs, even when foot-traps were banned. Unable to survive incities they simply died out riddled with alcoholism etc.
To a delusional version of history....
Within Christian thought animals do nothave ‘rights’, only man has ‘rights’ given by God to Adam. Animals were puton earth for man’s use and benefit, this means for food, clothing, forwork, as companions etc. Man however has responsibilities in this field,and society as a whole has formulated the parameters, accepted by theChurch throughout two thousand years.
To self congratulations....
Now nobody can say I did not play my part in expanding this forum's subject matter. Look forward to the anti's hysterics.
Rev j.jones

Post by Rev j.jones » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:43 pm

whatd'ya mean "desends into madness" surley the title is a tautology
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:36 am

I have just unleashed all Hell onto the "Irish Catholic's Forum:

I stated that You Roman Catholics can't handle the truth. You replied:

" I might add that eccles' "you Roman Catholcs can't handle the truth" seems to me to reflect a very significant element of atheist sensibility - a belief that it is a sign of strength, courage and clear-sightedness to be a nihilist and that religious faith is the product of cowardice and evasive suburban sentimentality. "

I see that you are more thick that I though you were. You couldn't see the truth and understand it if it hit you hard in the face.

The truth is that Christianity is just like all other religions that believe in some supernatural diety. The truth is that there is no "Creator/God". The Bible is all fiction based on other fictious religions of the time, one example being Egyptology whence came the cock'n'bull stories about Jesus and his alleged 'virgin birth'. The Jesus myth is based on the Horus myth. The mother of Horus was Isis - a "virgin".

The Bible is the worst book of fiction ever written and should be classified Fiction/Horror. You mention "eyewitnesses' of Jesus so-called "miracles" passing down their fables down to the writers of the Gospels. There is no proof for that. The real names of the Evangalists are not known. There are no original authored manuscripts in exiatance. Everyting in the NT is just hearsay. Even the Gospels do not agree with each other in their detail.

As far as your beloved Catholic Church is concerned, that was founded by Constantine I under the name of the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church at the Council of Nicea 325 CE. It was a political action to make Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire. Immediately all those who did not "tow the line" were excommunicated and many executed. That action lasted for about 1,500 years. Constantine appointed the first Pope of the Roman Catholic Church - Sylvester I.

Any similarity between what Jeshua bar Joseph aka. Jesus the Nazarine aka. Jesus Christ is alleged to have taught is nil.

You Catholics swallow everything your Church tells you. You are told that you must obey. You must never question. You must obey the Pope. Well the Pope is a Liar for Jesus.That is what I was taught in Xavier College in Melbourne, Australia. It is run by the dreaded Jesuits.

You might not appreciate Atheism on your forum. Atheists do not appreciate the lies of Christianity on our forums.

Robert Tobin,
Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia).
http://irishcatholics.proboards.com/ind ... 494&page=2
em hotep

Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Hemingway » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Eccles.... I presume you are trying to get banned?

Speaking in such a fashion just encourages people to talk past each other and immediately go on the defensive. Its not condusive to a frank exchange of views or debate. But maybe that not what you are looking for over there?

A lot of what you said may or may not be correct but the manner in which you said it wont really lead to well structured debate methinks.......

I havent been on their boards in a while as being restricted to one part of the forum kind of killed my interest somewhat.
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Hemingway wrote:Eccles.... I presume you are trying to get banned?

Speaking in such a fashion just encourages people to talk past each other and immediately go on the defensive. Its not condusive to a frank exchange of views or debate. But maybe that not what you are looking for over there?

A lot of what you said may or may not be correct but the manner in which you said it wont really lead to well structured debate methinks.......

I havent been on their boards in a while as being restricted to one part of the forum kind of killed my interest somewhat.
How come you are restricted? Another example of the autocracy of that Forum.

You presume correctly. As you probably gather I hate religion, especially Roman Catholicism and I will do anything to show it up for what it is. An oppressive organization which relies on getting it's "faithfull" as soon as they are born and then brainwashing them with the lies of the bible. Do you agree with teaching Children the lies about Noah's Ark and the animals he is supposed to have squeezed into that alleged vessa? As I said in that other place, Richard Dawkins is right. Just as well the CCL does not have it's index of banned books any more. Of course Roman Catholics won't read those books anyhow, their minds are too poisoned by religion to understand them.

If there is one book I would ban, that is the Bible.
em hotep