De-Baptism

General discussions
FXR

Post by FXR » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:05 pm

I called the Data Protection and the guy suggested I write into them because he was not sure what the situation was. If you wrtie to the CCL they have to reply in four days telling you what info they have on you.

Dear Dataperson
I would like to know how I would go about having all records held by the Catholic Church Limited on me completely deleted. It has come to my attention that the CCL is using this data to falsely claim I am a member of said organisation thereby associating me with superstition, cannibalism, child abuse, various cults and numerous irrational practices. I would like to point out that I was made a member of this religious cult without my permission or knowledge by my parents who were suffering from a system of brainwashing practiced by this cult which is run one Herr Joseph Ratzinger of Rome, Italy.

Thank you.

xxxxxxxxxxx
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
randomcrisis
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by randomcrisis » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:54 pm

http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.as ... tID=16&m=r

Right of rectification or erasure and blocking

If you find out that information kept about you by someone else is inaccurate, you have a right to have that information corrected (or "rectified"). In some circumstances, you may also have the information erased altogether from the database - for example, if the body keeping the information has no good reason to hold it (i.e. it is irrelevant or excessive for the purpose), or if the information has not been obtained fairly. You can exercise your right of rectification or erasure simply by writing to the body keeping your data.

In addition, you can request a data controller to block your data i.e. to prevent it from being used for certain purposes. For example, you might want your data blocked for research purposes where it is held for other purposes.
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:25 pm

Anyone know if this worked anywhere – I’m not a catholic and refuse to be statistically counted as one!
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:10 pm

FXR wrote:
randomcrisis wrote:Hi all

I believe there is a way out. You can invoke the Data Protection Act to your place of baptism as having an error regarding your religion. You must put it in writing to the keeper of records or data protection officer of the church explaining that you never wished to be whatever religion you are and explaining that in accordance with the DPA, that any records of information contained are not correct and accurate then you can ask for them to be removed and the correction made.

http://www.uaar.it/

Catholic Church baptismal records deletion request not upheld

http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.as ... nuary+2007

I remember that very interesting the thing is the guy didn't follow t up he could have insisted the mark by his name , no longer member or whatever...

could be useful link to have a resources section of this site...
randomcrisis
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by randomcrisis » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:01 pm

my de flocking is currently working its way through the UK system. I'm sure it would work here, would be interesting in finding out...
Martha

Post by Martha » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:09 pm

randomcrisis wrote:http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/rights/2.htm&CatID=16&m=r

Right of rectification or erasure and blocking

If you find out that information kept about you by someone else is inaccurate, you have a right to have that information corrected (or "rectified").

Data Protection wrote:The Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003 gives you rights to protect you against these and similar problems, and creates obligations for those keeping personal information.

Not true. I have tried to change inaccurate information held about me in the Irish Medical System/Establishment, but they refused to amend it. NB, I wasn't aware of these inaccuracies until I recently requested copies my medical files. It was a very interesting experience, to say the least.... its hard to comprehend the depth of corruption that underlines the Irish Status Quo :roll:

So, I had to find other ways of proving the facts of my medical history - which I did, with some effort. As the saying goes, TRUTH will out! :D
Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.

Woody Allen
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:01 pm

randomcrisis wrote:my de flocking is currently working its way through the UK system. I'm sure it would work here, would be interesting in finding out...

somehow I read that as deflowering???
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:05 pm

mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:43 pm

I hope that this works - letter written out and ready for posting in the morning. I hope that it's this simple. Thanks for the link
randomcrisis
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by randomcrisis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 pm

I will post my response up here in pdf when I get it back.

will be interesting to see the outcome and differences between the Irish and English systems...

Good stuff....